Anonymous Site Foresees Friends’ Futures

Know your friends’ futures? The newly-launched CAMBRIDGE ORACLE gives you a chance to get it out there.

anonymous pigeon banter becky henshaw Cambridge cambridge oracle downing future i know your shit Internet library whispers Newnham

We’ve heard (library) whispers about an intriguing new Cambridge project, and now a little birdie (an anonymous pigeon, actually) has tipped us off about a website that lets students predict each other’s futures. 

The Oracle invites students to make “true and kind” predictions about their friends and send them advice for the future.

The predictions are posted to pigeon holes, and all contain the warning “This letter contains a prediction of your future… If you are uncomfortable with this idea please destroy this letter now.”

You will meet a tall dark stranger…but not on RAG Blind Date

Speaking to the anonymous creators of the Oracle, The Tab was told that sometimes your best mates “might be reluctant to predict or offer advice to a friend.

“The Oracle gives them this opportunity.”

And students so far are keen to get started. Magdalene second year James Harrison said that “the future can seem intimidating and everybody here feels a lot of pressure to succeed in life. Anything that lightens the mood can only be a good thing!”

However, Newnham second year Jess Munro is a little less optimistic.

“This is really self-defeating and they’ll probably be really mundane,” thinks Jess. You can expect to see cards in the post saying “you will have lots of work and then get pissed in Cindies.”

Having said that, she says, “I’m obviously now sending them to all my friends.”

Keep checking The Tab to find out how this mysterious project (Beginning, Middle) ends.

If you want to predict a friend’s future for free click HERE