Anonymous Site Foresees Friends’ Futures

By on

Know your friends' futures? The newly-launched CAMBRIDGE ORACLE gives you a chance to get it out there.

We’ve heard (library) whispers about an intriguing new Cambridge project, and now a little birdie (an anonymous pigeon, actually) has tipped us off about a website that lets students predict each other’s futures. 

The Oracle invites students to make “true and kind” predictions about their friends and send them advice for the future.

The predictions are posted to pigeon holes, and all contain the warning “This letter contains a prediction of your future… If you are uncomfortable with this idea please destroy this letter now.”

You will meet a tall dark stranger…but not on RAG Blind Date

Speaking to the anonymous creators of the Oracle, The Tab was told that sometimes your best mates “might be reluctant to predict or offer advice to a friend.

“The Oracle gives them this opportunity.”

And students so far are keen to get started. Magdalene second year James Harrison said that “the future can seem intimidating and everybody here feels a lot of pressure to succeed in life. Anything that lightens the mood can only be a good thing!”

However, Newnham second year Jess Munro is a little less optimistic.

“This is really self-defeating and they’ll probably be really mundane,” thinks Jess. You can expect to see cards in the post saying “you will have lots of work and then get pissed in Cindies.”

Having said that, she says, “I’m obviously now sending them to all my friends.”

Keep checking The Tab to find out how this mysterious project (Beginning, Middle) ends.

If you want to predict a friend’s future for free click HERE

• Ephor

Honour the carnea!

• Confused

Why would we be able to see into our friends' futures?

• Also confused

Do they send the person what we write on the website verbatim? Because I was under the impression that they change it and say something based on what we write. But now I'm not so sure.

• Leonidas

I climbed all the way up that bloody hill, and they wouldn't tell me what I wanted. Madness? No. THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!

Heard something newsworthy?

By and on

The mafia is opening its ranks

The Tab is giving out free CV points.

By , Editor, The Tab Cambridge on

Queens’ JCR President announces Bops return with a YouTube Christmas poem

College authorities succumb to the people’s demand for glorified, semi-ironic organised fun

By ,         on

Tab writers: Where are they now?

They were the ones who insisted they’d stop writing when you stopped reading

By , Chief Reporter on

The one that got away: An interview with Caggie Dunlop

She doesn’t even watch Made in Chelsea any more

By , Contributing Editor on

Buying drugs used to be dangerous and sexy, now it’s for nerds

If you buy with bitcoin you’re a neek

By , Chief Reporter on

How to get into a Boiler Room DJ set

There are a few options

By ,         on

How to have sex at a house party

‘Have you seen the rest of the flat? I’ll give you a tour’

By , Head of Marketing on

There’s just something about girls who DJ

They exude coolness

By , Argument Editor on

If quoting a film gets them kicked out of uni, it’s no wonder medics aren’t fun

A Leicester medic channelled Liam Neeson and paid a heavy price