Anonymous Site Foresees Friends’ Futures

Know your friends' futures? The newly-launched CAMBRIDGE ORACLE gives you a chance to get it out there.

We’ve heard (library) whispers about an intriguing new Cambridge project, and now a little birdie (an anonymous pigeon, actually) has tipped us off about a website that lets students predict each other’s futures. 

The Oracle invites students to make “true and kind” predictions about their friends and send them advice for the future.

The predictions are posted to pigeon holes, and all contain the warning “This letter contains a prediction of your future… If you are uncomfortable with this idea please destroy this letter now.”

You will meet a tall dark stranger…but not on RAG Blind Date

Speaking to the anonymous creators of the Oracle, The Tab was told that sometimes your best mates “might be reluctant to predict or offer advice to a friend.

“The Oracle gives them this opportunity.”

And students so far are keen to get started. Magdalene second year James Harrison said that “the future can seem intimidating and everybody here feels a lot of pressure to succeed in life. Anything that lightens the mood can only be a good thing!”

However, Newnham second year Jess Munro is a little less optimistic.

“This is really self-defeating and they’ll probably be really mundane,” thinks Jess. You can expect to see cards in the post saying “you will have lots of work and then get pissed in Cindies.”

Having said that, she says, “I’m obviously now sending them to all my friends.”

Keep checking The Tab to find out how this mysterious project (Beginning, Middle) ends.

If you want to predict a friend’s future for free click HERE

• Ephor

Honour the carnea!

• Confused

Why would we be able to see into our friends' futures?

• Also confused

Do they send the person what we write on the website verbatim? Because I was under the impression that they change it and say something based on what we write. But now I'm not so sure.

• Leonidas

I climbed all the way up that bloody hill, and they wouldn't tell me what I wanted. Madness? No. THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!

Heard something newsworthy?

REVIEW: Philadelphia, Here I Come!

Jamie P. Robson is enchanted by this pitch-perfect production of Brian Friel’s humorous, touching play about the uncertainties of leaving home.

Cambridge has a huge class problem

You don’t need to be embarrassed if you grew up in a house with a dining room.

, Contributing Editor

This video shows how 200 new skyscrapers will alter London forever

It looks completely different

, Contributing Editor

Where and how you’re most likely to die taking a selfie

Don’t pose with grenades

, Contributing Editor

People who say ‘Landan’ need to stop

You don’t sound like Danny Dyer, you sound like a dickhead

, Chief Reporter

LSD is essentially a good thing, says science

Two studies have found it can make you happier and might help to reduce domestic violence