Anonymous Site Foresees Friends’ Futures

Know your friends' futures? The newly-launched CAMBRIDGE ORACLE gives you a chance to get it out there.

We’ve heard (library) whispers about an intriguing new Cambridge project, and now a little birdie (an anonymous pigeon, actually) has tipped us off about a website that lets students predict each other’s futures. 

The Oracle invites students to make “true and kind” predictions about their friends and send them advice for the future.

The predictions are posted to pigeon holes, and all contain the warning “This letter contains a prediction of your future… If you are uncomfortable with this idea please destroy this letter now.”

You will meet a tall dark stranger…but not on RAG Blind Date

Speaking to the anonymous creators of the Oracle, The Tab was told that sometimes your best mates “might be reluctant to predict or offer advice to a friend.

“The Oracle gives them this opportunity.”

And students so far are keen to get started. Magdalene second year James Harrison said that “the future can seem intimidating and everybody here feels a lot of pressure to succeed in life. Anything that lightens the mood can only be a good thing!”

However, Newnham second year Jess Munro is a little less optimistic.

“This is really self-defeating and they’ll probably be really mundane,” thinks Jess. You can expect to see cards in the post saying “you will have lots of work and then get pissed in Cindies.”

Having said that, she says, “I’m obviously now sending them to all my friends.”

Keep checking The Tab to find out how this mysterious project (Beginning, Middle) ends.

If you want to predict a friend’s future for free click HERE

• Ephor

Honour the carnea!

• Confused

Why would we be able to see into our friends' futures?

• Also confused

Do they send the person what we write on the website verbatim? Because I was under the impression that they change it and say something based on what we write. But now I'm not so sure.

• Leonidas

I climbed all the way up that bloody hill, and they wouldn't tell me what I wanted. Madness? No. THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

, Cambridge Editor

BREAKING: NUS employee breaks referendum rules

Tsk tsk NUS.

BREAKING: Record breaking turnout for NUS Referendum so far

CUSU Coordinator confirms that DSO referendum turnout exceeded after just one day of voting

The NUS can’t be reformed from within

Do you hate anti-Semitism so much that you want to stay in the NUS and fight against it?

Can you guess the price of these Waitrose ‘Essentials’?

You paid how much for Ardennes Pâté?

, Argument Editor

Forget London, I’m moving to Bath

It’s better in every single way

,        

The definitive list of all the most annoying people in the world

This is really, really long

,        

The world’s biggest bouncy castle is going to be at Bestival

Yeah, you’ll probably fall off