There will be a Harry Potter convention in Nottingham this summer

This is Sirius

We Neville thought this would happen: it’s your chance to Slytherin and buy tickets to Potter-con right here in Nottingham this August.

The convention, which encourages people to “leave your normal life behind, step onto platform 9 3/4, and catch the Hogwarts express to Nottingham”, will take place at Chilwell Olympia centre, not far from Clifton and UON campus’ on Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 August.

There is a whole array of Potter-themed activities scheduled to happen over the weekend that are bound to put any die-hard Harry Potter fan into a state of extreme excitement. From visits from mystery special guests, to hundreds of competitions and a Yule Ball on Sunday evening. You can even join a game of real-life quidditch over the weekend.

Tongues are already wagging at NTU and UoN and there is much speculation over who could possibly be the special guests: Voldermort, maybe? Hagrid?

Let’s hope there’s dressing up

With the venue only having a capacity of around 3000 people, it’s looking like tickets are going to be snapped up fast.

Tickets are on sale at 4pm today, Friday 15 January, where Potter fans have the option to choose between one or two £6 day tickets for the event, as well as a £50 VIP ticket that entitles the holder to one mystery freebie, a free autograph from each special guest, a free photo with two chosen special guests, entry to a chosen Q&A panel and more.

The company responsible for the brilliant idea, Daydream Events, said: “We are very excited to be bringing this convention to Nottingham, especially to such a fantastic venue. This event is going to be huge and we cannot wait to share the experience with all who attend.”

Tickets will go on sale at 4pm today.