Hove seafront’s igloo village is closing and you can buy one of the igloos

brb just hiding in my igloo

Rockwater Igloo Village, the unique bar and restaurant located on Hove seafront, has decided to permanently close following the latest implementation of Tier 4 restrictions.

Since the resurrection of the village only months ago, owner Luke Davis has battled lockdown, local disputes and poor weather conditions in an attempt to stay open, but the most recent restrictions have left him no choice but to close the doors for good.

But all is not entirely lost for those still seeking an igloo experience – Rockwater announced today that they will be selling off the individual igloos at £1,300 each.

@rockwaterhove, Instagram

The new igloo venture was a £16,000 instillation, each pod equipped with a heater and sound system. Advertised as a Covid-secure environment, the venue was due to open in November, however changes in lockdown restrictions and legislation postponed the launch.

Objections from local residents over planning applications caused further threat to the viability of the project, and a petition was started to save the venue, gaining over 17,000 signatures.

Mr Davis was keen to take bookings over the Christmas period, however further coronavirus restrictions and adverse weather conditions were ultimately detrimental, with Storm Bella causing heavy damage to the pods.

Rockwater declared the closure via social media today, but with the sad news came the announcement that the igloos will be sold off to interested buyers for £1,300 each – that’s almost the same price as a Circuit Laundry wash and dry.

Included in the price tag is a table, six chairs, sheepskin rugs, fairy lights and a floral display. So if you want somewhere Covid-friendly to hang out with your bubble, or simply somewhere to scream into a sheepskin rug, this might just be for you. £1,300 may sound steep, but split between you and five buddies would cost just over £200 each – just in time for that maintenance loan drop.

For more information, email [email protected]