Image may contain: Smile, Portrait, Face, Person, People, Human

Your guide to a very boozy Sussex Freshers’ Week

Get ready for the best week of your life

Attention freshers, your time has almost come. The most outrageous week of your life is less than a month away and we're counting down the days. Once again, the university is ready to give new students a proper welcome – Sussex style.

Prepare yourselves for a week of sesh, sleep, repeat because this is what's going down.

Saturday 15

This is the first official day that students can move into their new homes at Sussex. To start the week, head to our brand new Northfield bar at 9pm for a moving in party.

Afterwards, awaits an evening of music, including local DJs, held at Falmer Bar. Here, you and your flatmates can enjoy the best drink deals until 3am.

Sunday 16

The rest of your flatmates may join the gang today, as Sunday marks the second official moving in date. From 6pm onwards sees the Sussex Festival take over campus, with a "Club Tropicana" theme.

Image may contain: Party, Music, Leisure Activities, Crowd, Person, People, Human

Hopefully they don't just play Wham lol

The music, which includes everything from local DJs to live bands, is spread across three stages situated outside Falmer Bar. This year's headliners include: Patrick Nazemi, Fin Evans and DJ duo CamelPhat.

If you're feeling a bit extra, fancy dress is definitely encouraged. Last year's theme was jungle and students certainly dressed to impress.

Monday 17

Take Monday easy and prepare yourself for the session that is Sussex's 'Big Night Out'. This bar crawl is held across 7 of our best venues in Brighton, all included with the golden ticket.

Image may contain: Night Life, Party, Pub, Bar Counter, Person, People, Human

You'll be crawling from the night before, so why not hit the first big bar crawl of the term.

Tuesday 18

Join us at Falmer Bar for one of the biggest nights on Sussex campus: Skint Tuesdays. Our resident skint DJ will be providing the tunes until 2am, so you're guaranteed a quality night. Even better, incredible drink deals are available – it would be rude not to.

Image may contain: Person, People, Human

If you're looking for a more relaxed evening, Northfield Bar are hosting a "Brighton Showcase" from 9pm. Local traders, including Brighton SeaCider, will be providing free tasters. After, local comedy acts will take to the stage for the evening's entertainment.

Wednesday 19

Grab your nearest flat mate and head on down to Pryzm for an 'epik' evening. Pop on your fave Hawaiian shirt for the club's beach themed freshers event. Tickets can be brought on the door.

If you're looking for something slightly closer to home, a fabulous glitter ball is waiting for you at Mandela Hall. Hosted by the Drag Soc, expect an evening of excitement and guest performances until 3am.

Thursday 20

The University of Sussex will take over Brighton's most iconic attraction for one night only. Join us at the Palace Pier from 7pm to 12am for unlimited rides, discounts and free arcade games. We recommend arriving early to avoid queues.

The fun doesn't have to stop there. If you're still raring to go, the nightclubs: Shooshh, Hideout, the Arch and the Hub have teamed up for a 'sea front take over'. The golden ticket provides you with free access to the event, so go ahead and party until 7am.

Friday 21

Finish freshers' week with a bang outside Falmer House. A fantastic firework display at 8pm will mark the end of your mental week and the beginning of your time at Sussex.

Image may contain: Outdoors, Night, Fireworks, Person, People, Human

The display will be followed by a indie-pop party at Northfield bar or an THI funk party inside Falmer House. Just take your pick. Later in the evening, all bass fans should head on over to Mandela hall for 'supercharged' from 11:30pm onwards. There's something for everyone, so don't miss out!

Saturday 22

Calling all free spirits to the Hippie Roadshow. Mandela Hall is hosting an evening of tie-dye, hippy vibes. This event is included in the golden wristband, so come and embrace the soul, funk and disco.

The Student Union have got all of your freshers nightlife organised right here.

Golden wristbands are still for sale and can be purchased here.