Image may contain: Roof, Urban, Neighborhood, Building

An honest review of: Bevendean

Walking distance from town and uni? Yes please.

With house-hunting season soon to begin, the process can be quite daunting if you don't really know where to start. Last year we reviewed Kemptown, Moulsecoombe, Coombe Road, Lewes Road and Barcombe Road – now let's check out Bevendean.

Travelling couldn't be easier

It takes less than an hour to walk to both town and uni – it's not always the most practical option to do so but it means you're only a short bus ride away from either (it's a mostly flat area too). Although Bevendean is quite a big area – both the 48 and the 49 regularly run to town and can be caught from most areas of Bevendean.

If you're going to university you can walk (or catch the bus) to the end of the avenue and either get the 25 or the train from Moulsecoombe station. Travelling to uni takes 20 minutes at the most and you can avoid any traffic leading up into town centre. If you have a car, most parts of Bevendean are permit free meaning that driving is also an option too.

It feels homely

Bevendean is a very residential area with mostly families and students and if like me, a night out involves a walk down the Avenue, generally you feel quite safe.

The area also features a path making Coombe Road accessible on foot in less than five minutes and a nature reserve looking over Brighton. You're also a short walk away from Wild Park or if you miss being a first year, you can get to Stanmer Park really quickly.

Image may contain: Sedan, Bike, Bicycle, Vehicle, Transportation, Sports Car, Coupe, Car, Automobile

The interiors are quite nice

Compared to most extortionately priced houses in Brighton, the rent in Bevendean tends to be better value for money with most houses featuring separate kitchen and lounge areas. The bedrooms also tend to be on the bigger side as well compared to houses that are closer to town centre. It's quite nice to live in a house that actually feels like a home.

Image may contain: Desk, Table, Dining Table, Room, Indoors, Chair, Furniture, Couch

A bit out the way

Although town is only two miles away, it makes food shopping a monumental task that requires some pre-planning if you like commuting to Aldi, Asda or Sainsbury's. Deliveroo sadly doesn't deliver to Bevendean – but we do have really, really cheap takeaways.

So… what's the verdict?

Overall, Bevendean is a great place to live – although not always the most popular with students. It's more reasonably priced than most places in Brighton, and is so easy to travel from. Aside from a bit of a walk at times, I couldn't recommend it more highly.

Image may contain: Party, Smile, Portrait, Face, Furniture, Couch, Person, People, Human