Places to go in Brighton to bond with your new flatmates and friends

Looking for something outside of PRYZM and Coalition?

Rather than going clubbing and getting drunk in all the clubs and bars, there's other places you can visit in Brighton to spend a few fun hours with your new flatmates and friends. Here is a list of all the greatest places that Brighton offers, outside of the lively nightlife.

Glow in the dark crazy golf

Globalls in Brighton Marina takes mini-golf to a whole new and magical level, with ultraviolet lights and spectacular art and sculptures of dinosaurs. We're not sure what dinosaurs have to do with golf, but it doesn't matter when it's only £5 per person per round.

Lazer Quest

LazerZone on West Street is a guaranteed great night out where you can zap your friends (or enemies) and release your competitive spirit by running through a galactic labyrinth filled with swirling smoke and flashing lights. Plus, with the student discount you won't be upsetting your bank account any time soon.

Cinema

One thing that Brighton does not lack on is cinemas. With big chains like Odeon on the seafront and Cineworld at the Marina, as well as smaller, independent screens such as Duke of York's Picturehouse and Komedia, you're spoilt for choice. Check the websites to find out what movies are currently showing, and take your new group of friends for a chilled night out.

Rides and arcade on the pier

Brighton pier is definitely the most well-known part of the city, and who can blame it. It's packed with a huge arcade, thrilling rides, plenty of food, a pub, and even a tarot card reader. Dig out all those pennies and attempt to win from the vast range of prizes on the arcade machines, then crash into your friends on the Dodgems.

Ten Pin Bowling

Bowling is always a great evening out with your friends, and with Hollywood Bowl at Brighton Marina, there's no excuse not to miss out on all the offers they have, including two games and a drink from £10.99, available Sunday 4pm to Friday 6pm. Jump on the 23 or 7 bus with your mates and strike it lucky.

Pub and bar crawl

Hobgoblin, Kings and Queens, Pav Tav, Post and Telegraph, Casablancas, Molly Malone, The Globe, The Prince of Wales and North Laine Brew House are to name but a few of the extensive list of pubs and bars Brighton has. Most have student deals so gather your mates for a crawl and find out your favourite one of them all.

Stand up paddle boarding or kayaking

If you're looking for something more relaxing as well as getting some exercise in, Brighton Watersports can cater for your needs. They do kayaking, paddle boarding, wakeboarding, and even adventure trips for scuba diving for a reasonable price, so come and explore the waters of Brighton with your friends for a memorable day out.

Ice Rink at the Royal Pavilion

Despite it coming once per year for two months only, the Royal Pavilion transforms one of its gardens into a full ice rink. Opening to the public on November 4th 2017 and ending on January 14th 2018, the ice rink is all stunning, twinkly, and even romantic, and it is all topped off with some food in the bar and restaurant.

Picnics at The Level

With sunny weather and no chance of rain or high winds, picnics are the best way to bask in Brighton's summers and The Level is the perfect spot for just that. Cheaper than buying food out, get your sandwiches, biscuits, a blanket, and potentially a bottle of Prosecco, and lay for a few hours in the sunshine with your mates and some music.

Fish & Chips on the beach

What could be more British than grabbing some fish and chips and sitting on Brighton beach, avoiding the seagulls trying to snatch your food and also protecting yourself and your chips from the wind? There's certainly no abundance of fish and chip shops so choose your favourite and embrace the British-ness.