Five ways to procrastinate from doing your uni assignments

If you’re reading this, do your uni work

Deadline season is just around the corner, which means it’s crunch time for many students working towards final assignments and exams. With the weather getting warmer and the days getting longer, the last thing you want to be doing is spending all day in the library doing work.

So to help you, we’ve put together a list of useful ways to procrastinate from getting any work done. After all, doing nothing is more fun when you need to be productive.

Start a new series

One of the most popular forms of procrastination. There is nothing better than finding something to binge watch, curling up in bed and forgetting all about the 2000 word essay due in the next few days. What’s more productive than finishing a whole season of Friends in one sitting?

Distract your housemates

Why procrastinate alone? Gather your whole house in the living room and see how much work you all get done. Trust me, it will be none.

Take a well deserved nap

Our personal favourite. After spending all night wide awake stressing about all the work you haven’t done, a nap is very much needed and much deserved. After all, you’ll work a lot better if you are properly rested.

Take a lunch break

You need to properly fuel yourself if you’re going to produce good quality work. Take an unnecessary trip to your local Tesco and grab your favourite meal deal. Walking to the shops will even count as part of your daily exercise, therefore it’s not a total waste of time.

Clean your room

Keeping your bedroom clean is very important when it comes to creating a work friendly environment. At any other time this might seem like a chore, but when you have a dissertation to write, absolutely anything is more fun than formatting references. Now is the perfect time to colour-coordinate your underwear draw and alphabetise your bookshelf.

And as always, if all else fails, the pub is never a bad idea.

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.