Jesmond Beach Box is back this weekend and we couldn’t be happier

Forget the Bahamas, Beach Box is back for 2022

After a winter closure, Beach Box is finally back from 14th April with a free five-day festival filled with food, drink and a variety of music to keep you entertained over the Easter Bank Holiday.

The seaside-themed venue situated next to Holy Hobo (next to Jesmond Three Sixty) was a hot spot for students during restrictions and peaked during the Euros with its electric atmosphere.

If you and your mates are struggling to find something to do over bank hol, Beach Box is a perfect choice. With free entry, eight food stalls to choose from, DJs, live entertainment there’s everything you could ever want. Plus, they have five bars around the venue – so you won’t be queueing for long, that’s for sure.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcGIn7SMJcP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

If you head down from 5pm on Thursday for their opening night, free bevvies and beach snacks will be offered on entrance. Good Friday will be all about the fish dishes, offering lobster, oyster and seasfood around the venue and Saturday’s “Chilli Fest” hosts a number of spicy street food specials and a chilli challenge for those who are daring enough.

Sunday will be heavily music orientated with ten DJs throughout the day and into the night, with Monday being a vegan and veggie Fest with a number of meat and dairy alternatives on offer.

Of course there will be a range of drinks on offer all day long, including draught beers and ciders, wine, gins and some tantalisingly tasty cocktails (everyone needs to try the “Watermelon Sugar High” ar least once in their lifetime!) This time, Beach Box will include indoor bars for those rainy days in the Toon.

Acropolis, Bao Down and Truly Madly Pizza are amongst the many amazing food stalls around the venue serving a number of delicious snacks including loaded fries, waffles, sandwiches and steaks.

This year’s areas include the Full Moon Party Shack, Secret Sun Garden, Rave Cave and the highly anticipated hot tubs that are available to book now.

Hot tub cinema parties are coming very soon, so grab your mates and enjoy being served some amazing cocktails whilst watching the greatest cinema classics.

The big screen will make a return too, perfect for the football fans who can watch their favourite premier league teams whilst enjoying the tropical beach vibe.

Plenty of entertainment will be provided from both stages throughout the next couple of months and will be announced soon, so follow @jesmondbeachbox on Instagram to keep up to date.

If you can’t make it down this weekend, don’t panic – Beach Box will be here all spring and summer long, open from 12pm til late with great students deals on offer.

Although it’s free entry, you can make a donation for Ukraine which will be matched by organisers and it is recommended that those who are planning to join in the fun this weekend to book a table online.

Don’t miss out on what promises to be an amazing venue!

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.