Laugh Louder

The Tab talked to James Pringle, founder of a smartphone App set to “create noise for live comedy”, introducing Laugh Louder.

comedy james pringle laugh louder live comedy newcastle uni newcastle university

Newcastle Uni Business Management student James Pringle, 22, has returned from his year in industry with an App aimed at changing the way you can find live comedy.

Laugh Louder aims to make live comedy more accessible. Most people love comedy and watch it on TV but wouldn’t know where to look to find a gig near them.

Screenshot: Alphabetical Listings

“That’s where our app comes in. It is still only our first version and we have plans to drastically improve it but it does the job – you can search, find and book live comedy tickets effortlessly” James said.

The entrepreneurial student found a niche in the market and commented “I always wanted to own my own company and I was passionate about live comedy. When I got my iPhone, I couldn’t believe there wasn’t an app to easily find live comedy.”

Screenshot: Map Listings

James came up with the idea around January 2011, and from then on he refined and researched the idea until he decided to quit his placement and concentrate full time on developing Laugh Louder, launching the App in September this year.

A businessman at heart, James teamed up with an old school friend, Chris Quaile, to act as a ‘Comedy Consultant’, a rather unique role which you won’t find on any graduate schemes.

Chris has an extensive network having performed hundreds of live shows and has the experience to guide the strong business prototype.

You can download the app by searching Laugh Louder in your App Store or by clicking on this link.

Also, check out what Giggle Beats (An Independent Northern Comedy Guide) had to say about Laugh Louder here.