It’s official, Liverpool ranked top 30 in UK in new university sustainability rankings

Things we love to see

The Uni of Liverpool has been ranked in the top 30 in the UK and top 160 in the world in new university sustainability rankings.

The QS World University Rankings for Sustainability rank 700 universities around the world, measuring how different unis are able “to tackle the world’s greatest environmental, social and governance challenges”.

The overall score is split into environmental sustainability measures (including sustainable institutions, sustainable education and sustainable research), as well as social impact measures (these include equality, knowledge exchange, educational impact, employability and opportunities, and quality of life).

Liverpool came 27th in the UK, and 151-160 in the overall world impact ranking.

We got an environmental impact rank of 247 and social impact rank of 88.

Scotland’s apparently the place to be, as best university in the UK was found to be Edinburgh (which also came fourth overall in the world), and Glasgow was second in the UK. Rounding out the top five was Oxford, then Newcastle and Cambridge.

Liverpool John Moores came somewhere in 551-600 overall in the world, awkies.

You can see the full QS World University Rankings: Sustainability 2023 here.