Come and write for us! The Liverpool Tab is recruting new writers of all abilities

Our open meeting will take place on 15th February at the Guild – you’re invited

Looking to gain some writing experience, make new friends, and get involved in your student community? The Liverpool Tab wants you! We’re looking to welcome new writers this semester. You don’t have to be an experienced writer to join us, just a fun and passionate person looking to join a team of excellent student journalists.

We’ll be hosting our open meeting of 2024 on Thursday 15th February at 7pm in The Courtyard (The Guild) and you’re invited.

What is The Tab?

The Tab is the biggest student news site across the country, and Tab writers have gone on to work for VICE, the BBC, Reuters, Bloomberg, Vogue, BuzzFeed and many more.

With branches at unis across the country, The Tab operates online and through social media accounts such as Instagram and TikTok. The Liverpool Tab Instagram account has just under 10k followers and is a great way to keep up to date with your university’s news.

Why join us?

Whether you’re looking to write about serious issues on campus – the strikes, university injustices or breaking news – or maybe you’d rather write about the best clubs or brunch spots in the city, there’s a place for you on the team. Writing for The Tab looks great on your CV, boosting your journalism, creative and digital skills. It’s also great for meeting new people!

Don’t worry – no experience is necessary, just a passion for writing and getting involved in your student community!

How do I join?

Come to our open meeting or DM us on Instagram. Bring your friends, meet new people, and chat with us over a drink. We’re excited to hear your ideas and to meet you all – see you there!