These are the seven best student-friendly spots for coffee and studying in Liverpool

Semester two is the start of an academic comeback for us all

For the week ahead, and all the new deadlines and daily stresses it brings, every Liverpool student needs to know about the best study-friendly cafes in the city. That’s why it’s only right to come up with an essential, yet by no means exhaustive, guide for where to get your caffeine fix. You can’t go wrong with an independent coffee shop and hopefully there’s one or two on this list you’re yet to visit. Here are the top 10 study spots in Liverpool to get that essay done!

1. Nomad, Smithdown Road

With good coffee and good prices, Nomad is perfect for a weekend study spot. Plus, it’s playlist is incredible, so don’t fret if you happen to forget your headphones

2. Leaf, Bold Street

Leaf boasts a homely vibe, fun interiors and an amazingly large array of tea flavours, alongside wonderful food to help you struggle through your to-do list

3. The Watering Can, Greenbank Road

Perfect for Greenbank Student Village residents, The Watering Can is your holy grail. Whilst you may have to dip into your overdraft for a slice of their cake, it is so unbelievably worth it (and it has an ice cream stand in the summer!). Ultimate win.

4. Bean, Liverpool ONE

Bean is the place for smashing out an essay the day before its due. The big co-working space full of tables and natural light is perfect for setting up camp until you click that submission button

5. 92 Degrees, Hope Street

If you want a cosier vibe for you studies, 92 Degrees is ideal for you. Make sure you bagsy a spot looking out onto the street so you can admire the outfits of passer-by’s instead of doing your reading

6. The Egg Cafe, Newington

A little gem, this vegetarian cafe is hidden up a flight of purple stairs and amongst lots of plants. Come here at sunset to see the pretty night sky above Bold Street

7. Thoughtfully Cafe, Cleveland Square

Located just two minutes from Duke Street Market, Thoughtfully Cafe serves beautiful coffee seven days a week – but you’ll have to get their early to secure your seat