Kennny kidnapper wanted for £5,000

A manhunt is on for ‘Scouse Jay’ after he kidnapped a woman in October

crime kensington

A Liverpool fugitive known locally as “Scouse Jay” is wanted by police for kidnapping and beating a woman in October.

The woman was rescued from the property on Mansell Road, Kensington, but Jake Smith, “Scouse Jay”, fled the scene.

The incident occurred on October 10 this year, and Smith is believed to still be in the Merseyside area.

The £5,000 reward was yesterday put forward by Crimestoppers for information leading to Smith’s capture.

‘Scouse Jay’ is on the run

He is described as aged between 20 and 25, around 5’8, with brown, curly, collar length hair.

The public are warned not to approach Smith as he “may be dangerous”.

The female victim, in her 30s, was rescued from the Kensington property and taken to hospital by paramedics following the police operation.

Crimestoppers Director of Operations, Roger Critchell, said: “I cannot begin to imagine what this woman has gone through during this terrifying ordeal that left her bloodied and beaten following her kidnap.

“This man clearly showed no mercy when carrying out this attack and I am urging anyone who knows of his whereabouts to contact Crimestoppers anonymously, safe in the knowledge no one will ever know you spoke to us.

Many students live in the Kensington area

“You won’t have to speak to the police and you won’t ever be called to court, because we won’t know who you are.”

‘Scouse Jay’ is also wanted over a robbery in Preston earlier this year.

Do you have any potentially-useful information? Contact Crimestoppers at their anonymous 0800 555 111 hotline.