What your drink says about you

People are judgemental. You’ve already heard what they think about you because of where you live, but what about the relationship between you and your drink?

drinks night out

Ever thought about what your choice of drink on a night out might say about you? Now you can find out…

Pint

The no nonsense beverage. Often favoured by rugby players, manly men or anyone too complacent to order anything which requires mixing or a straw. All you care about is the act of drinking when you order a pint. Warming: side effects can provoke a ‘Lads Lads Lads’ attitude.

Vodka Mixer

“I’ve put vodka up to here”

Forget everything you learnt about careful measures off the back of a Ribena bottle when you were a kid. If you’re mixing, the amount of vodka you put into your glass has a direct correlation to what kind of a night you’re gearing yourself up for. It’s also a very safe drink to order on a night out, as long as you don’t over do it you’ll be fine in the morning. Be cautious, you might come a little boring if this is all you ever drink.

VK

Look at all those pretty colours!

With a variety of flavours that resemble at range of kids fruit juices, you’ll drink a VK not because you’ll want to savour the taste by any means, but because they’re cheap and they’ll get you to your hangover in double time. It’s fine though, everyone out will have at least two in their hand. Expect these to be a regular sight on a night out.

Pitchers

A picture of a pitcher

The easiest way to disguise you’re an alcoholic is by telling people your pitcher is for sharing.

Shots of tequila

Does the lime count towards your five-a-day?

Drinking tequila requires a refined taste, in the sense that the taste will be sick in your mouth the morning after. Those who drink tequila are openly admitting to themselves that any more than one shot when they’re already drunk are asking for dire consequences. Manage to keep more than 5 in a row down and you’ve managed to earn yourself the ‘cojones’ trophy from your Mexican friends and peers alike.

Cocktails

This choice of drink separates the princes from the paupers. Not a class of drink you’ll be buying regularly as student, bar the occasional place that do lucrative 2-4-1 deals, but a drink that shows you’re not afraid or spend that little extra to sip some pretty colours and show the world what a classy person you are as you pronounce ‘mojito’ to the bartender.

Jägerbombs

This deadly concoction is often the source of many one-on-one challenges between students and is the ultimate test of how quickly you can down a drink. Expect hand-eye coordination to deteriorate as the night grows old. You’ll regret them in the morning but more than worth it to show people you’re up for a challenge the night before. Be ready to drink to impress.