Leicester on the Rise in New League Table!

The University of Leicester has climbed a whopping 4 places in the 2014 league table.

It looks like adding that fancy new glass entrance to the Charles Wilson has paid off!

The University of Leicester has climbed from 20th to 16th in the 2014 Complete University Guide league table.

The subject that scored highest for the university was American Studies, reaching 3rd behind Warwick and Manchester.  It may be down a place from last year, but we all know you American Studies lot are just doing it for a year of hot weather and frat parties in the States.

Thankfully Leicester still have the bragging rights over poor old De Montfort who, as well as losing varsity (again), are flirting with relegation down in 81st position.  This is a one place drop from last year, despite being world leaders in colouring-in and shoe design.

The Times and The Grauniad were a bit less generous, ranking Leicester at 17th and 19th respectively.  The university is also making an impact on the international stage, ranking 185th in the QS World University Rankings.

Despite the successes, Leicester can’t rest on its laurels.  In 2010 it announced ambitious plans for the near future: to become an established top 10 university and rank within the top 150 institutions in the world by 2015.  Rumour has it that by the 2017 season Bob Burgess hopes to secure a Champions League spot for the university.

The 4 place climb is no doubt a step in the right direction, but it’s going to need something major to jump another 6 places into the much sought after top ten by 2015.  Perhaps another fancy glass refurb is in order?