We went to the Lancaster Winter Wonderbar so you don’t have to

Although you really should, it’s great x

Winter Wonderbar, a Winter-themed pop up bar, opened on 12th November for the festive season. The owners announced on Instagram that they are “combining businesses together to give you burgers, craft beer, crazy cocktails & chilled vibes”.

Winter Wonderbar is the result of a Preston-based family business’ expansion into Lancaster. The family are also behind Smashed Preston and All Hopes No Promises, which is also located in Preston. After the Christmas period, the building will be converted into Smashed Lancaster – a burger bar similar to the one owned by the family.

As the newest local place to get into the Christmas Spirit, as well as only being open across the festive period, we naturally had to go and pay a visit as soon as possible.

The bar feels as festive as is humanly possible, with Christmas songs blasting (including Dominic the Donkey – if you haven’t heard it please listen- it was enlightening) and it even has videos of log fires burning around the bar for that extra cosy feel. The bar is decorated with a painted Grinch, as well as loads of Christmas lights, and has the option to play table football (which we fast discovered we were very bad at).

A wide range of alcoholic drinks were available, including plenty of Christmas-themed cocktails, varieties of flavored gin, and lots of different spirits, including Baileys for that extra Christmas feel. Multiple different beers were also available, including Stein options for anyone leaning down the Oktoberfest route. It isn’t Christmas without hot chocolate, something that Winter Wonderbar made sure of. You could make it alcoholic, with options for adding extra “Christmas spirit” to your drink.

Our opinion? If you’re looking to get into the Christmas spirit, Winter Wonderbar is the place to go.

Winter Wonderbar is located at 50 Market Street and will open every day in December till late.

Related articles recommended by this writer: