LUSU require students to have Covid Pass for large scale Welcome Week events

To make sure staff and students are safe for the academic year

LUSU have announced that Covid passports are required for students to attend large scale Welcome Week events.

LUSU have introduced the NHS Covid Pass requirement in order to keep staff and students as safe as possible in the new academic year.

Entry into the The Sugarhouse requires students to show a valid pass before joining the queue each night.

The Sugarhouse are using the hashtag #FunWithoutFear, to ensure safety for all their large scale events, including Freshers’ Fest.

To gain a Covid pass, students will need the following:

• Be fully vaccinated with Covid-19 vaccine, which is used in the UK
  • A negative PCR test or rapid lateral flow test within the past 48 hours before the event
  • A positive PCR test within the last six months

If international students don’t have access to the NHS Covid Pass, LUSU and The Sugarhouse will also accept a negative test taken within 48 hours (either a text message or an email confirmation).

Students can collect a pack of free Lateral Flow Tests to use from several pharmacies in Lancaster, and can find their nearest free home testing kit supplier here and the universities on-campus provisions here.

The Students’ Union will be working with the university to provide pop up testing centres throughout Welcome Week.

On top of operating the NHS Covid Pass, LUSU and the Sugarhouse have pledged to:

• To encourage staff to test twice weekly in line with University policy
  • Ensure fresh air is ventilated throughout the venue
  • Provide hand sanitizer on entry
  • Provide clean handwashing facilities
  • Minimise contact points
  • Operate a thorough cleaning schedule
  • Communicate to you what we’ll be doing to keep you safe

For more information on the Covid Pass, click here.

Related articles recommended by this writer: