Image may contain: People, Crowd, Clothing, Apparel, Text, Sport, Sports, Person, Human

The return of Lancaster University’s Santa Dash

The Santa Dash is returning to Lancaster University this December

We've reached November, so it's officially time to start the annual Christmas festivities. Time to start watching Home Alone and Elf, wearing 5 layers to lectures and dig out your Christmas jumper. But, this year, why not spend a day doing something festive and contribute to a brilliant charity?

On Sunday the 2nd of December the Santa Dash will be held at Lancaster University Campus once again, after last year's success. With an 11am start, the 3K run is expected to bring in around 250 people and all of the money raised will be given to Defying Dementia.

Runners are expected to arrive at 10.30am in order to register in time and receive a pre-run briefing for the Dash. The run will begin and end at Lake Carter, by Lancaster University's Sports Centre.

Image may contain: Walking, Leisure Activities, Crowd, Person, People, Human

Last years' Santa Dash at Lancaster University

The entry price to join the run is £5, which includes a Santa hat, medal and mince pie, as well as the personal reward of doing something amazing for a great charity.

For the more creative and outgoing runners, you will get the chance to win fancy dress prizes too – so get your Santa suits, reindeer noses and beards at the ready.

Last year, the Dash raised a total of £1140.03 with 184 entries in total.

This year, the organisers are hoping to top this amount, targeting for around £1300 and attempt to get 250 people involved.

The President of Lancaster University's Running and Athletics Club, Hamish Child, stated, "I think people should join because going on fun runs like this is a great way to raise money for charities like Defying Dementia.

"They only cost a small amount per person but they end up raising significant sums of money whilst increasing awareness of these charities and their causes."

Image may contain: Crowd, Team, Walking, Leisure Activities, Person, People, Human

For £5 and any sponsorship, you could make a massive difference and contribute to Defying Dementia, whilst getting in the Christmas spirit and finishing off the day with a mince pie.

Everyone is welcome – no matter how fit or fast you think you are; there is a whole range of running levels taking part.

Tickets are already selling fast, so if you would like to take part sign up online today here.