Image may contain: Person, People, Human

The Rolling Tones are stealing the show on Broadway this month quicker than you can say ‘Pitch Perfect’

Look out New York, they’re coming for you!

The Rolling Tones, known around campus for their snazzy varsity jackets and their classic bows and braces look, are KCL’s all-female Acapella group. They do awesome arrangements of all your fave tunes making music JUST WITH THEIR MOUTHS. Incredible, right?

On the 31st March, they were crowned queens of the International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella (ICCAs) – yes this is the competition from Pitch Perfect – and yes, the Tones are like the Bella’s only way cooler. Their Musical Director Sara Edwards also received a special award for her arrangement of ‘Trøllabundin’ which secured them the top spot.

Image may contain: Clothing, Apparel, Person, People, Human

At the start of this academic year when they released their debut single ‘Teardrop’ back in November and since then they’ve been going from strength to strength.

Not only does this mean that they are the crème de la crème of UK university Acapella, it also means that they are going to compete in the World Finals in New York. They’ll be competing on Broadway against nine other groups, putting them in the top ten in the world who entered the competition this year.

Going to New York marks many milestones achieved by the group. The Tones are the first ever all-female Acappella group to represent the UK in the finals and the only all female group at the finals this year, and have made the top 10 out of 400 groups in the competition.

Image may contain: Stage, Person, People, Human

The competition is on the 21st of April, and they are looking for contributions on their Go Fund Me page, however big or small to help them out with flights, accommodation, transport and expenses in NYC. Let’s get them repping KCL and the UK on that international stage.

Good luck gals!

Want to receive stories straight to your Whatsapp? Click here to be added to the fire King's Whatsapp chat!