Scrunchies, windbreakers and vintage sweaters: Inside Headlock vintage clothing sale

The sale is coming back to Cardiff SU in November

Headlock Vintage is touring universities across the country with vintage clothes sales and Thursday’s event in Cardiff’s student union did not disappoint.

The event ran on Thursday 13th October between 10am and 5pm in the union’s nightclub, Y Plas, with the option for free entry, or a £1 ticket which secured buyers with a 10 per cent discount.

The sale involved rows upon rows of vintage sweatshirts, windbreakers, jeans, scrunchies and more… perfect for fans of vintage clothing (or even just fans of a bargain).

Sifting through the racks, we found Adidas and Nike branded jumpers for just £15 each, quirkier looking shirts and dresses, and hundreds of denim and leather jackets – all at a student friendly price, perfect for those who haven’t burnt through their loan yet.

But it wasn’t just clothing – the sale also involved unique earrings and necklaces (£5 each), rings, silk scarves and scrunchies, as well as a range of colourful print posters for just £3 each.

With stock being replenished by staff all day, there was no need to rush down at 10am. We attended in the afternoon and were welcomed by full racks of quality clothes at decent prices.

Headlock Vintage have hosted student clothing sales since 2016, but also have an online store which boasts rare and iconic street wear, festival fits and even vintage Christmas jumpers.

Those who missed out on October’s clothing sale need not be disappointed; tickets for the next Cardiff sale on the 10th November can be found here.

Related articles recommended by this writer: