Want to write for The Cardiff Tab? We’re recruiting!

We’re looking for savvy, keen and inquisitive writers to join our Cardiff team

Do you want to help break some of Cardiff’s biggest student news stories? Do you have an interest in all things student life? Or are you even just looking to gain a bit of journalism experience for the old CV? Well, The Cardiff Tab has an opportunity for you!

Whether you’ve never written before, or are a seasoned journalist, we’re hunting for new writers to join our ever expanding team! We are looking to recruit ambitious and imaginative writers from Cardiff Uni, Cardiff Met or USW.

Who are we?

The Tab was originally started in 2009 at the University of Cambridge, and has quickly spread to over thirty universities, becoming one of the largest student news sites in the UK!

We’re a large network of students up and down the country, with Tab alumni going on to work in huge companies like the BBC, VICE, Vogue, The Guardian and many more.

The Cardiff Tab write a huge range of articles, from breaking stories like the scandal of Talybont halls staff throwing out students belongings while they were home for lockdown, to jokes features such as our writer who (much to her dismay) attempted to follow her boyfriend’s weightlifting routine.

We’re holding an open meeting on 13th October at 6pm where we’ll be giving you more information and answering any questions you may have!

In the mean time, join our contributors page on Facebook for more info! We hope to see you soon!