Image may contain: Leisure Activities, Performer, Night Life, Crowd, Music Band, Musical Instrument, Musician, Lighting, Stage, Person, Human

Oh, oh, oh! Ruth Jones turns up as Nessa to turn on Barry’s Christmas lights

Am I dreaming

On Saturday Ruth Jones turned up to switch on Barry's Christmas lights, but she wasn't there as Ruth Jones – she was Nessa.

Of course, Barry and Barry Island has since been the go-to place for Gavin and Stacey fans to visit and remember the laughs they had while watching every episode.

In Barry you'd usually grab a cone of chips and walk along the beach BUT, on Saturday the 23rd, co-creator and star Ruth Jones made an extra special return. She was in character the entire time, and I'm pretty sure everyone was screaming inside.

It's not everyday you go to Barry and stumble across Nessa switching on some Christmas lights:

The Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special will also be here on Christmas Day. We just can't get enough of it, and Nessa returning to Barry was clearly the icing on the cake.

Barry is a pretty small town, but we're pretty sure Nessa got the whole of South Wales down to celebrate the lights turning on. People had apparently driven all the way from Bristol just to witness her return. Everyone was going CRAZY.

What's Occurrin'?

She's the queen of comedy

Before even switching on the lights, she'd already picked at the audience saying she could see her exes… Oh, John! I bet he couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the night.

I'm sure everyone in the UK were shocked when the Christmas special was announced, but surely Nessa's recent appearance has solidified the realness of this episode. Who cares about presents when we get the long-awaited return of Gavin and Stacey?

The entire cast and crew were all back in Barry during the summer to film the Christmas special

It's almost been a decade since the last episode of Gavin and Stacey, and fans are already hyped up, even more now since the latest appearance of Nessa.

We'll see Nessa again in the Christmas special episode that will air on Christmas Day, and it's fair to say we haven't been this excited since we got into uni.

But for now: "Nadolig Clarins, funny that cause I use Clarins!"