Unions Battle It Out For Golden Balls

The Oxford and Cambridge Unions are battling it out to snag David Beckham as a guest speaker.

Cambridge Cambridge Union David Beckham david leigh Falcons football golden ball oscar williams-grut Oxford oxford union porn Students the mirror Theatre Union

Oxford and Cambridge Union are reportedly both battling it out to snag ‘golden balls’ himself, David Beckham.

The Mirror quoted an ‘insider’ as saying: “David may not seem the most likely candidate but the unions are squabbling with each other to get him.

“His career is unique and they think he would be an inspiration to students. Neither wants to back down so the other can snap him up.”

David Leigh, the Union’s President Elect, wouldn’t say if Becks was keen, but told The Tab: “The Oxford and Cambridge Unions have the same agenda – to put on interesting debates and to host influential speakers from a wide range of backgrounds.

“The fact that our invitations have overlap is very unsurprising.”

Cambridge footballers are excited by the rumours of the star’s visit. Falcons (the uni second team) forward Dan Sellman told The Tab: “It would be great to have such a big name speaking at the Union. That free kick against Greece has given him legendary status in my opinion.

“He was an inspirational England captain and has been a role-model to millions both on and off the pitch.”

Becks wouldn’t be the most controversial guest the house has seen. Last year the Union hosted a porn star and porn director. Leigh also organised the visit of 122 Miss World contestants to the Union last term.