All Adds Up For Vorderman Family

Carol Vorderman is ecstatic that her daughter Katie has been offered a place at Cambridge for next year.

admissions caius Cambridge University Carol Vorderman clock Countdown Gonville and Caius maths natural sciences physics Sidney Sussex twitter

Carol Vorderman can’t hide her delight after learning daughter Katie has cracked the Cambridge admissions conundrum to bag a place for next year.

Katie, 19, showed off her own numbers game in clocking up impressive A*s at A-Level in Double Maths, Physics, and Chemistry, and is set to study Phys NatSci at Caius.

She will not be the first Vorderman addition to Cambridge, as Carol – who featured in The Tab last year – read engineering at Sidney. However, Katie will be hoping to rack up better scores than the third her mum got in every year of her degree.

Looks like Katie has inherited more than just number skills from her mum

There appears no signs of division though as Carol appears genuinely thrilled, tweeting her excitement to followers on Friday and adding yesterday that she was “still glowing” over the news.

The announcement has also gone down well with current students. Marc Shalet, a Fitz English student commented: “I’d definitely give her more than 30 seconds on the clock.”

Meanwhile, Joe Kirk, 2nd year NatSci, reckons she could have a big impact on lectures: Attendance will be at an all-time high. If only I was in first year again!”

Whether this will be the case remains to be seen, but for now Katie is left to start the countdown to October when the new year begins.