The Enchanted Garden Ball has been cancelled

And people aren’t happy

Today the Enchanted Garden ball has been cancelled.

It’s a shame for the hundreds of Brookes students that have already, or were planning to buy tickets.

The event organisers posted an important announcement in the EGB Facebook group today, saying it is with deep regrets that the event has been officially cancelled due to a lack of interest in the event.

They said: “After months of planning this year’s Enchanted Garden, ticket sales have fallen short of our expectations and requirements for the event to take place.

“We know how disappointed many of you will be and we sincerely apologise to everyone who has purchased a ticket.”

Brookes Union have also confirmed that they will not be putting on any kind of end of year replacement event to make up for the sad loss of the summer ball.

They also assured Brookes students they will all receive full refunds, including booking fees.

As Brookes doesn’t have any real graduation ball or end of term celebrations, many are deeply saddened by the news that they will no longer have any end of term event.

Charlotte I’anson, 3rd year English Language and Business student said: “At Brookes, we don’t have a grad ball. I didn’t get to go last year so I was really looking forward to the EGB. It’s a shame they had to cancel because of ticket sales, loads of people had bought one and we’re all set to go.”

She isn’t the only one. Third year students appear to be the most upset as they now leave Brookes with just a graduation in the sports hall, and no party to end their time as Brookes students. Sian Rogers, 3rd year Law student said: “I’m gutted because it’s my last year and I wanted to end it in style.”

Jason Woodley, 3rd year Fashion student agreed, saying: “The cool thing about the summer ball is that it is the last event on the calendar before graduation. So it’s the last thing before everyone leaves.”

Third year student Lauren Thompson thinks it’s out of order: “They’re really really letting the third years down, and it’s not like theirs anything else to make up for it.”