Clean Bandit are performing at Brookes freshers

There’s no place I’d rather be

Musical sensation Clean Bandit are coming to Oxford and playing on the Thursday of Freshers Week.

The band, deemed the “poshest” group in the music world, will be performing on the Thursday night in freshers week at the brand spanking new club, Emporium.

The grads, who are all classically trained musicians, became famous after their first song went viral on youtube and have since spent four weeks at the top of the charts, broken UK spotify records and sold 1.6 million copies of one their singles in Britain alone.

The chart-topping quartet, who played this year’s V Festival, are currently in the middle of a worldwide tour, taking them all across the USA and Europe.

The band met when they were studying at Jesus College, Cambridge and critics have described their sound as a “chamber music version of house”.

The name Clean Bandit comes from a translation of a Russian phrase which means “complete bastard”.

The Cambridge alum are also known for stirring up trouble in the music world. Band member Grace gave a speech about equality in Russian which was broadcast all over state TV.

Head Ox promoter, Freddie Goodall insists the night will be a “memorable” week to commemorate the beginning of uni for all the new freshers.

Clean Bandit will play at the newly opened Camera replacement, Emporium, on Thursday the 17th of September.

When business and management second year, Luke Webb heard of the big act coming to Oxford, he said: “Sweet, there’s no place I’d rather be when they’re on.”