You made it to Aberdeen Uni – and here’s what you should do next

The Tab welcomes you all to bonnie Aberdeen

Welcome welcome welcome from the The Tab Aberdeen.

Congratulations, you made it to uni, and hopefully as far away from your parents as possible.

Before you lies a glorious four year wonderland of new friends, new experiences, and maybe even a new you.

Behind you lies the smouldering wreckage of your high school experience. RUN!

University is like a crazy rollercoaster ride – it’s a fast paced thrill with highs, lows and lots of throwing up.

Tabtittude

And those boring old student newspapers you might have heard someone drone on about at the open day – forget them. They’re no fun.

Here at The Tab Aberdeen we don’t care about our stoking our own egos, or churning out countless uptight agenda’s; we care about you, sweet sweet student, giving you the news that you want, and producing journalists that employers love.

So on top of being a student here in the wondrous party land that is MagaDeen, as you set forth on your own personal coming of age tale you’ll have us right here beside you – every step of the way. The Kenan to your Kel; the Jesse to your Heisenberg; The Aberdeen Tab.

We know what you’re up to…

It’s scientifically proven, if you want to know the latest happenings on your campus, look no further.

Our track record includes:

Exposing a RGU sabb’s seven-man orgy on his lunchbreak

Fighting for the financial rights of gingers everywhere – resulting in the now famous Ginger Discount Weekend

Shining light on the shocking fresher accommodation scandal 

Snapping your lovely faces in McDonald’s in our popular Apres-Skite albums.

What your choice of club says about you which resulted in…

Taking on a local comedian in a plagiarism war – and winning

Wanna get in with the bouncers? Get in with The Tab.

During Freshers’ Week we’re blowing the lid on the cost of it, introducing you to your sports captains, and keeping you updated on those homeless freshers.

We’ll be at the Freshers Fayre in our glorious Tab t-shirts, signing up new blood like yourselves to be a part of the biggest and best student news site in the UK.

And get this – if you write for us you’ll get your very own Tab fob which will give you discounts all over Aberdeen – including free entry and VIP to the infamous Institute.

Even if you just want to read us – grab us at Freshers Fayre, and the first 400 of you will get discounted entry to Liquid all through the week with your own Tab fob.

We promise we don’t empty every club..

So, if you fancy trying your hand at putting pen to paper for Aberdeen’s biggest and favourite student news site, all you’ve got to do is fire a cheeky wee message to your loyal editors Sandy or Iona: [email protected]

Even if you don’t fancy writing, but you’ve heard some great gossip on campus, we still want to hear from you: catch us at [email protected]

And get this – if you’ve got a great story the big dogs at Tab HQ will even pay for it. If you’re one of our readers with a great exclusive email: [email protected]

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter – everyone in the years above do.

That’s about it for now, guys. A huge congratulations for deciding to become a student up here in the Granite City – it’s cold, but it’s worth it.

Lots of love,

The Tab Aberdeen