Tributes paid to Aberdeen student after body found in search

He was described as ‘talented’ and ‘wonderful’

A body has been found in the search for a missing Aberdeen student, David Macleod.

David was last seen on Friday. Police Scotland near Grandholm Drive at around 3pm yesterday. No formal identification of the body has been made but his family has been informed.

Friends and family have paid tribute to David and his Facebook profile has been converted to a tribute page.

via Facebook

One friend, Jenna, wrote: “The processing of knowing such a young talented being and friend has lost their life pains me.

“You were so wonderful. You brought such happiness to those around you. I will miss you, David. I wish your pain could have been taken away.

“Please if anyone is struggling, don’t suffer alone. Speak to someone. If you feel comfortable with me, speak to me. I am here. Your loved ones are here. Even if you’ve lost touch we are here.”

Another, Jordan, said: “I would personally like to thank everyone that had shared the post to try and bring David home, and thanks to the emergency services that worked day and night to search for him. Fly high David, love you, bro.”

Dale said: “This is such bad news. My daughter was at uni with him last year and getting prepared for the year ahead.

“All of his classmates will be devastated. As a parent, my heart and thoughts are with his family. Be at peace young man.”

Aberdeen University support services can be accessed here.

Related stories recommended by this writer

These unis are offering the fewest places to black students

I’m out at university, but at home I’m in the closet

I was a black SU president – trust me, systemic racism is alive and well in universities