A guide to the best coffee shops in Brighton

Get out there and espresso yourself

Brighton is famous for its stunning seafront, awesome clubs and quirky people. In truth, though, the real hidden treasures of Brighton are all the artsy independent coffee shops you stumble upon when strolling through the Lanes.

Here’s our rundown on some of the best.

Cafe Coho

If you need a strong extra large coffee to cure that hangover or get over a 9am seminar, Cafe Coho on Ship Street is the place to be. Their cappuccino is unquestionably one of the best in town.

Apart from being the home of every coffee addict in Brighton, Coho also offers everything the food lovers out there could possibly demand. From sandwiches to cakes, pastries to pancakes, this place has something for everyone. But the icing on the cake at this coffee shop has to be the wonderful staff.

Pelicano

In the heart of the North Laine, Pelicano coffee shop is the place to be if you fancy amazing coffee, delicious cakes and a great location. Generally known as one of the best coffee places in Brighton, Pelicano has become one of the hotspots if you are looking for a chill place to hang out.

However, what a lot of people don’t know is that apart from its great food and addictive teas and coffees, Pelicano also offers what is probably one of the most lovely backyards in the North Laine.

The Plant Room

For all the vegans out there struggling to find the perfect piece of cake to go with your coffee, we’ve got the answer for you: The Plant Room. You’ll find it hidden in Brighton Square next to the iconic dolphin fountain. Maybe you haven’t come across the Plant Room yet, but visiting is definitely a must.

This spot features amazing coffee and a smorgasbord of vegan cakes and pastries, nestled in stylish interior design with friendly staff who help create a very personal and welcoming atmosphere.

Small Batch Coffee Company

Small Batch is one of those places that should be on your Brighton bucket list. Everyone knows it and everyone loves it. How could you not? Always buzzing and full of life, this place offers a cosy atmosphere while providing a large choice of different hot drinks and pastries.

You can either sit inside by the window, watching passersby on Jubilee Street, or opt to sit outside and enjoy some fresh air while munching on your cake. Whatever you decide to do, Small Batch offers everything to make your coffee break as pleasant as possible.