Everything that’s going on in Cardiff this St Patrick’s Day

Get the Guinness ready…

Hide Images

It’s that time of year again. Get prepared to drink extreme amounts of beer as St Patrick’s Day is hitting Cardiff on Friday. Here’s some of the best St Patrick’s Day events going on this weekend.

The Student Paddy Parade

Fusion Fridays are hosting a club crawl on Friday to celebrate St Patrick’s Day in four different venues; Pop World, Missoula, The Bunker and Walkabout. Green T-shirts can be brought to allow entry into all of these venues. The major freebies to look out for are, green candy floss, green popcorn and a green chocolate fountain.

Pryzm

Smack is back for another Friday night at Pryzm, however this time it’s presenting the biggest St Patrick’s Day party in Cardiff; Paddy’s House. There’s allegedly going to be real life leprechauns, confetti rainbows and golden ball pits. Who can resist this?

Walkabout

From Friday until Sunday this week, Walkabout are giving away a free Irish hat (a key fashion item) with every pint of Guinness brought.  They are also offering £2 Jameson barrel backs and Irish themed goodies. The Irish celebrations will begin at 5pm on Friday when all drinks are 50 per cent off.

Pop World

On Friday Pop World are embracing their inner Paddy and are hosting a UV green glow party. They’re giving away glow sticks and face paint all night. So why not head down and paint the club green.

The Bunker

Expect confetti cannons, inflatables, beer pong and Irish music at The Bunker’s St Patrick’s celebrations.

Coyote Ugly

This weekend will see the Coyote Saloon Bar take on the traditional vibes of an Irish Pub. The bar is open from 7pm-3am, so there’s plenty of time to order in those pints of Guinness.

BrewDog Bar

The BrewDog Bar are taking their love for beer to another level this weekend and are exploring Ireland’s best brews.

Gassy Jack’s

For those in Cathays who don’t want to venture too far, Gassy Jacks is channelling it’s inner Irish on Friday. Expect live music, crafts, and drinks from just £3, and Triple More card points on Jameson and Guinness drinks.

Wherever, you go you’re bound to have a good time. After a few pints of Guinness and a shot of Jameson’s you’ll have a right laugh.