Gilmour’s Coming Home

Girton have announced they're taking Charlie back after his spell in the slammer.

Charlie Gilmour will return to Cambridge in October.

Girton Historian Charlie, the adopted son of Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour, was released from prison in November after serving four of his 16-month jail sentence.

King of the swingers

He was convicted last summer after swinging from the cenotaph and throwing a bin at a Prince Charles’ convoy in last year’s student protests, in what he tried to pass off as a momentary lapse of reason.

There had been speculation about his future, but Girton revealed today that the historian would be coming back in October to complete his degree.

The reprieve comes “subject to him providing, and abiding by, assurances as to his future good behaviour.”

The news will be welcomed by CUSU, who campaigned for his return once he had done his time.

Students have already begun calling this a great day for freedom. Girton JCR President Alex Wessely told The Tab “I think this is a brave move by college, as it will undoubtedly prove unpopular with some parts of the media.

“Personally, I think Charlie’s been punished enough and deserves the chance to finish his education.”

Some Girtonians were less kind however, with an anonymous 3rd year telling us that “He’s a twat. Hope he’s learned his lesson. Good luck trying to forge a career, Charlie!”

@Jonny_Singer
  • Cyclist

Hahaha look at his little weedy legs.

• Man

Hahaha look at his little weedy legs.

• Come on

As blatantly stupid and disrespectful as his actions were, the guy's a kid and has definitely learned his lesson re these mistakes. I don't understand people's schadenfreude. Why would you want to ruin his life?

• Don't

Give a shit

• What a

cunt

• ISpeakForTheStudents

YESSSSSSS! <3333333
    :DDDD
    :))))

• Outraged

The worlds biggest cunt.
    Not only did he disrespect anyone who has died fighting for Britain, which has included many Cambridge alumni – would a prewar college have taken him back? – but he attacked the heir to the throne. Treason. Should be hung drawn and quartered, or at least exiled for that.

• idiot.

Haters gonna hate.

• and

masters gonna…

• Fact Checker

Girton is a pre-war college, moron

• um….

Well, it's pre-war…

• Bla bla bla

Mate, are you at Peterhouse??

• Alan Gabriel

Fuck that reprobate degenerate.

• Peter Gabriel

my brother was never the lyricist

• Matty McBroide

That boy's move was more heinous than when O'hanrahan the bartender gave my dad Big Ron a quickly poured pint of guinness.

• peter

wut

• Matty McBroide

Petey! What's the craig?

• Dear Matty

you're clearly not Irish, as you weren't playing in the GAA varsity this weekend.

Charlie Parnell is disappointed in you.

Yours etc.,

Christy Cooney.

• PEOPLE!

stop commenting!! this is just what he wants!! he is a chronically absent person who seeks attention to validate his existence because he fears- as does anyone who's met him- that HE HAS NO PERSONALITY TO SPEAK OF. THis is what he wants! stop commenting before Charlie Gilmour actually BECOMES tab commenting!

Oh look, I'm a hypocrite, and it's all too late anyway.

• The soap

I hope he got bummed at jail

• fludders

Hanged- not hung.

• GirtonHousePrices
Heard something newsworthy?

The Murder of Giulio Regeni should shock Cambridge students

The harsh realities of Middle Eastern dictatorships have inserted themselves into the Cambridge community in brutal fashion

Tab TV: Meaning of Life, Week 1: American Politics

This week FINN MCREDMOND asks Sunday Life goers about American politics

and

VOTE NOW: You can’t sit with us – Couples’ Edition

As we near Valentine’s Day, we present you with our best dressed couples

My week in men’s clothes

Apparently everyone’s doing it

What’s the worst lie you told your parents?

‘I was a real sack of shit as a teenager’

, Chief Reporter

I love living in the ‘uncool’ part of Hackney

It’s cheap and occasionally cheerful

, Assistant Editor

London’s nightlife is nothing on a night in a country pub

Take me back to the Black Horse

, Contributing Editor

Getting wasted with Kanye West fans in Notting Hill

To celebrate the release of The Life of Pablo