Gilmour’s Coming Home

By on

Girton have announced they're taking Charlie back after his spell in the slammer.

Charlie Gilmour will return to Cambridge in October.

Girton Historian Charlie, the adopted son of Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour, was released from prison in November after serving four of his 16-month jail sentence.

King of the swingers

He was convicted last summer after swinging from the cenotaph and throwing a bin at a Prince Charles’ convoy in last year’s student protests, in what he tried to pass off as a momentary lapse of reason.

There had been speculation about his future, but Girton revealed today that the historian would be coming back in October to complete his degree.

The reprieve comes “subject to him providing, and abiding by, assurances as to his future good behaviour.”

The news will be welcomed by CUSU, who campaigned for his return once he had done his time.

Students have already begun calling this a great day for freedom. Girton JCR President Alex Wessely told The Tab “I think this is a brave move by college, as it will undoubtedly prove unpopular with some parts of the media.

“Personally, I think Charlie’s been punished enough and deserves the chance to finish his education.”

Some Girtonians were less kind however, with an anonymous 3rd year telling us that “He’s a twat. Hope he’s learned his lesson. Good luck trying to forge a career, Charlie!”

• Cyclist

Hahaha look at his little weedy legs.

• Man

Hahaha look at his little weedy legs.

• Come on

As blatantly stupid and disrespectful as his actions were, the guy's a kid and has definitely learned his lesson re these mistakes. I don't understand people's schadenfreude. Why would you want to ruin his life?

• Don't

Give a shit

• What a

• ISpeakForTheStudents

YESSSSSSS! <3333333

• Outraged

The worlds biggest cunt.
    Not only did he disrespect anyone who has died fighting for Britain, which has included many Cambridge alumni – would a prewar college have taken him back? – but he attacked the heir to the throne. Treason. Should be hung drawn and quartered, or at least exiled for that.

• idiot.

Haters gonna hate.

• and

masters gonna…

• Fact Checker

Girton is a pre-war college, moron

• um….

Well, it's pre-war…

• Bla bla bla

Mate, are you at Peterhouse??

• Alan Gabriel

Fuck that reprobate degenerate.

• Peter Gabriel

my brother was never the lyricist

• Matty McBroide

That boy's move was more heinous than when O'hanrahan the bartender gave my dad Big Ron a quickly poured pint of guinness.

• peter

• Matty McBroide

Petey! What's the craig?

• Dear Matty

you're clearly not Irish, as you weren't playing in the GAA varsity this weekend.

Charlie Parnell is disappointed in you.

Yours etc.,

Christy Cooney.

stop commenting!! this is just what he wants!! he is a chronically absent person who seeks attention to validate his existence because he fears- as does anyone who's met him- that HE HAS NO PERSONALITY TO SPEAK OF. THis is what he wants! stop commenting before Charlie Gilmour actually BECOMES tab commenting!

Oh look, I'm a hypocrite, and it's all too late anyway.

• The soap

I hope he got bummed at jail

• fludders

Hanged- not hung.

• GirtonHousePrices
  • George

17 crimes on Severn Street, you can chuckle off! I lived there for two years as a student and not once did we have any trouble or any sort, not once. We never even had a police car, so I don’t know where they’re getting their facts…

• Amy

Presumably from here…
    Just because you didn’t see a police car doesn’t mean crime doesnt happen! I was mugged on Severn Street. I didn’t call the police because my phone was stolen. I walked filled out a form and never heard anything about it again. So you wouldn’t have seen a police car or heard anything about it!

• Steven Bradshaw

take a picture of where ur mum grew up and write about the crime rate, but probably sum spoitl c..t who aint got a clue

Heard something newsworthy?

By and on

The mafia is opening its ranks

The Tab is giving out free CV points.

By , Editor, The Tab Cambridge on

Queens’ JCR President announces Bops return with a YouTube Christmas poem

College authorities succumb to the people’s demand for glorified, semi-ironic organised fun

By ,         on

Tab writers: Where are they now?

They were the ones who insisted they’d stop writing when you stopped reading

By , Chief Reporter on

The one that got away: An interview with Caggie Dunlop

She doesn’t even watch Made in Chelsea any more

By , Contributing Editor on

Buying drugs used to be dangerous and sexy, now it’s for nerds

If you buy with bitcoin you’re a neek

By , Chief Reporter on

How to get into a Boiler Room DJ set

There are a few options

By ,         on

How to have sex at a house party

‘Have you seen the rest of the flat? I’ll give you a tour’

By , Head of Marketing on

There’s just something about girls who DJ

They exude coolness

By , Argument Editor on

If quoting a film gets them kicked out of uni, it’s no wonder medics aren’t fun

A Leicester medic channelled Liam Neeson and paid a heavy price