What your go-to Cambridge University Library spot says about you

It’s THAT time of year again

It’s Easter Term, which means that all of the usual non-library goers of Cambridge have suddenly decided that this is the perfect time to come out of hibernation. Finding a college or faculty library seat becomes almost impossible (I know, I’ve tried!). It’s UL time. Whether you’re a lover or a hater, needs must – here is what your go-to spot says about you!

The Main Reading Room

You are here to WORK. No distractions. No talking. Serious business. (This may be entirely deadline fuelled – but what isn’t at Cambridge?)

This room is beautiful though!

First floor corridor

You want a big desk. You also want to chat. You will 100 per cent see multiple people you know walking past. (Also way more tourists than I expected?)

I know this isn’t technically that corridor, but you get what I mean!

Music Reading Room

You’re a seasoned UL-goer and know the best spots. You’re focused but don’t quite want the pressure of the Main Reading Room.

The Stacks

You are either 100 per cent focused and want to be left alone OR you just want to chat with your friends in peace. There is no inbetween. If you can get past the musty book smell, this is a solid work spot.

Just a girl and her headphones against the world (her history coursework)

North Reading Room

You’re intense, but not quite enough for the Main Reading Room. Why is this room ALWAYS so busy though???? A true UL mystery.

The Tea Room

Are you ok? Just because it’s Easter Term doesn’t mean you HAVE to be in the UL – there are lots of other much nicer cafes in Cambridge.