The News From The Dark Blues

By on

JAMES ROTHWELL brings you up to speed on snow willies, Playstation theft and big-dog debates.

The countdown to a mind-blowing debate between Richard Dawkins and the Archbishop of Canterbury at Oxford began this week.

These veritable juggernauts in the arena of the Big Questions will do battle later this month at the Sheldonian – which, oddly enough, is where apologist William Lane Craig was booed last term for his rather unusual views about genocide, which would be more at home in ’30s Berlin that 21st century Oxford.  But nevertheless, students are shaking with glee.

In other, far more sensational, news: New College was the site of a risible, despicable robbery only this very week, in which some inhuman creature sneaked into the JCR and left minutes later with a Playstation 3 under his arm.

Fortunately for game junkies at New, whom I hear are legion, college hero Steve McGlynn immediately smelt a rat and promptly reported the young miscreant o the police. The only games that filthy swine will be playing anytime soon involve a spot of hide and seek and a bar of soap. Or so I have heard.

Elsewhere, eyebrows were raised at claims that the Ashmoleon museum would be hosting its very own freshers’ night. Swapping strawpedoes for sculpture, students can look forward to a delightful and thoroughly educational evening of culture, joy, enlightenment, and so on.

Reactions to the new “club night” have been mixed at best, with one 2nd year languages student claiming he would rather go for a night out in Durham than suffer the horror of an “after hours” experience in a museum. One wonders where Oxford tutors find these people sometimes.

Meanwhile someone was stabbed on St. Clements, the English faculty opened a coffee shop and several college Deans unleashed their email-rage after a pandemic of drawing giant penises in the snow broke out, after last week’s joyful explosion of fluffy white goodness – and on that rather sordid note: Rothwell out.

• Lawyer

I think what you mean by robbery is burglary or theft, theres is a big difference

• You look

fucking mental

• steve

shit read, a spoon could do better

• Lloyd

Wow, Uni student managed to spell college wrong… Really?!

• Duh

proooobably on purpose

• rebecca

Heard something newsworthy?

By and on

The mafia is opening its ranks

The Tab is giving out free CV points.

By on

REVIEW: And Then There Were Nuns

Lia Johansen-Villanueva was promised cocktails and an evening of laughter. The team behind And Then There Were Nuns delivered, and even threw in a lovely furry hat.

By on

The Love of the Nightingale and violence against women

Fresher director Eva O’Flynn discusses dealing with themes of rape and abuse of women in theatre on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women.

By , Chief Reporter on

The one that got away: An interview with Caggie Dunlop

She doesn’t even watch Made in Chelsea any more

By , Deputy Editor on

I wore an ‘I love consent’ t-shirt on a night out

Consent is sexy

By on

Loughborough The struggles of being a tall girl

Groups shots are a nightmare

By on

London Where should you live in North London?

We tried to contact South London but the expeditionary team never returned

By , Contributing Editor on

How much noise should boys make in bed?

Say your own name over and over again, obviously

By , Contributing Editor on

When did Instagram become an excuse to look at soft porn

Answer: as soon as you downloaded it