The News From The Dark Blues

By , Tab reporter on

Facebook Twitter

JAMES ROTHWELL brings you up to speed on snow willies, Playstation theft and big-dog debates.

The countdown to a mind-blowing debate between Richard Dawkins and the Archbishop of Canterbury at Oxford began this week.

These veritable juggernauts in the arena of the Big Questions will do battle later this month at the Sheldonian – which, oddly enough, is where apologist William Lane Craig was booed last term for his rather unusual views about genocide, which would be more at home in ’30s Berlin that 21st century Oxford.  But nevertheless, students are shaking with glee.

In other, far more sensational, news: New College was the site of a risible, despicable robbery only this very week, in which some inhuman creature sneaked into the JCR and left minutes later with a Playstation 3 under his arm.

Fortunately for game junkies at New, whom I hear are legion, college hero Steve McGlynn immediately smelt a rat and promptly reported the young miscreant o the police. The only games that filthy swine will be playing anytime soon involve a spot of hide and seek and a bar of soap. Or so I have heard.

Elsewhere, eyebrows were raised at claims that the Ashmoleon museum would be hosting its very own freshers’ night. Swapping strawpedoes for sculpture, students can look forward to a delightful and thoroughly educational evening of culture, joy, enlightenment, and so on.

Reactions to the new “club night” have been mixed at best, with one 2nd year languages student claiming he would rather go for a night out in Durham than suffer the horror of an “after hours” experience in a museum. One wonders where Oxford tutors find these people sometimes.

Meanwhile someone was stabbed on St. Clements, the English faculty opened a coffee shop and several college Deans unleashed their email-rage after a pandemic of drawing giant penises in the snow broke out, after last week’s joyful explosion of fluffy white goodness – and on that rather sordid note: Rothwell out.

Facebook Twitter
  • Lawyer

I think what you mean by robbery is burglary or theft, theres is a big difference

• You look

fucking mental

• steve

shit read, a spoon could do better

• Lloyd

Wow, Uni student managed to spell college wrong… Really?!

• Duh

proooobably on purpose

• rebecca

Heard something on campus?

By , Tab reporter on

Emily Maitlis has everyone’s dream job

You know you’ve made it when you’re invited back to speak at the Union

By on

REVIEW: Beluga

Flo Best and Ellen McGrath had a whale of a time and surprisingly learned a bit about belugas along the way.

By on

Corpus playroom’s small theatre space lends itself to the intense feeling of claustrophobia in LAUNCH.

By , Chief Reporter on

One of The Apprentice contestants is a grad set to take the show by storm

She claims to have got the highest mark on her Business Studies course

By , Former Editor, The Tab London on

London Public school boys should feel guilty about a lot of things but listening to dubstep isn’t one of them

It’s time to welcome the Skepta-loving rich list in from the cold

By , Chief Reporter on

Twin model crashed car after drink driving at 10 in the morning

Both twins were previously handed ASBOs because of their wild parties

By , Chief Reporter on

Private school makes you a boring clone of your mum and dad

Going to the same Russell Group unis to do the same subjects makes you a robot, apparently

By on

Milo Yiannopoulos: It’s absurd that I was banned from speaking at Manchester SU

You guys, I feel very oppressed right now

By , Assistant Editor on

It’s time someone said it: Medics are the worst people at uni

‘You wouldn’t understand, you’re not one of us’