The News From The Dark Blues

JAMES ROTHWELL brings you up to speed on snow willies, Playstation theft and big-dog debates.

The countdown to a mind-blowing debate between Richard Dawkins and the Archbishop of Canterbury at Oxford began this week.

These veritable juggernauts in the arena of the Big Questions will do battle later this month at the Sheldonian – which, oddly enough, is where apologist William Lane Craig was booed last term for his rather unusual views about genocide, which would be more at home in ’30s Berlin that 21st century Oxford.  But nevertheless, students are shaking with glee.

In other, far more sensational, news: New College was the site of a risible, despicable robbery only this very week, in which some inhuman creature sneaked into the JCR and left minutes later with a Playstation 3 under his arm.

Fortunately for game junkies at New, whom I hear are legion, college hero Steve McGlynn immediately smelt a rat and promptly reported the young miscreant o the police. The only games that filthy swine will be playing anytime soon involve a spot of hide and seek and a bar of soap. Or so I have heard.

Elsewhere, eyebrows were raised at claims that the Ashmoleon museum would be hosting its very own freshers’ night. Swapping strawpedoes for sculpture, students can look forward to a delightful and thoroughly educational evening of culture, joy, enlightenment, and so on.

Reactions to the new “club night” have been mixed at best, with one 2nd year languages student claiming he would rather go for a night out in Durham than suffer the horror of an “after hours” experience in a museum. One wonders where Oxford tutors find these people sometimes.

Meanwhile someone was stabbed on St. Clements, the English faculty opened a coffee shop and several college Deans unleashed their email-rage after a pandemic of drawing giant penises in the snow broke out, after last week’s joyful explosion of fluffy white goodness – and on that rather sordid note: Rothwell out.

• Lawyer

I think what you mean by robbery is burglary or theft, theres is a big difference

• You look

fucking mental

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

Oxford votes YES to a disaffiliation referendum

OUSU decides to put NUS disaffiliation to a vote while the CUSU referendum decision will be made next week.

Which Pokémon is your college?

Find out if your college is the very best, like no one ever was…

“Friends with benefits” means nothing

The ‘friends’ part is unnecessary. The ‘benefits’ part is disappointing.

, Bristol Editor of The Tab

Capitalism is dying – and we’re all becoming socialists

51 per cent of millennials ‘do not support’ it

QUIZ: How vain are you?

Bet you think this quiz is about you

, Editor of The Tab London

Staggering results show three-quarters of students want to leave the NUS

According to a Tab poll of 6,500 people

, National Editor

There’s going to be an investigation into sexist advertising

Reaction to the Protein World ads highlighted a need for change

,        

We’ve found the best alternatives to Naked palettes

Who wants to pay £38.50 for eyeshadow?

and

What trainers should you be wearing?

Take our quiz to find out