The Sussex Tab is looking for new writers and we want you!

Send us an Instagram DM to get involved

Interested in being the first to hear about campus news? Writing about all the amazing places in Brighton? Being part of a super fun team? Well you’re in luck, The Sussex Tab is recruiting new writers.

The Sussex Tab is a news site written by Sussex students, for Sussex students. No previous journalism experience is needed and anyone can get involved. Send a DM to The Sussex Tab and come to our open meeting at Room 76 at 5pm on Wednesday 28th September.

So what exactly is The Tab?

The Tab is a student news site with over 6 million monthly readers and is spread across over 30 different universities. Our writers articles are shared across our Facebook and Instagram pages. Here at The Sussex Tab we cover a wide variety of topics. Last year we covered events such as the Sussex Renter’s Union occupying the Jubilee building on campus and Police investigating a potential unexploded bomb near Sussex Uni. 

We don’t just write serious news pieces, we also write fun features. From What Sussex students hate most about Valentines to Meeting the Tiktokers going viral at Sussex University. Whether you enjoy writing about breaking news or interesting features, we’ve got something for everyone.

Why should I write for The Tab?

The Sussex Tab is a great way to gain some journalism experience and it also looks great on a CV. Tab alumi have gone on to write for global publications, including the BBC, Vogue and The Times. No previous experience is needed as you will be given training by the editors and also work alongside our assistant editor from HQ.

Writing for The Tab is also a great way to meet new people, we have weekly meetings and host fun socials!

How can I get involved?

Interested? We’re having our open meeting on Wednesday 28th September at 5pm. Join us on campus at Room 76 and come and chat to our editorial team. Send us a DM if you’re interested in coming to the meeting and follow our instagram for more information and updates.

Related stories recommend by this writer