Man arrested outside the Pavillion for suspected racial assault and grevious bodily harm

‘The attacker just kept pushing everyone’

A man has been arrested under suspicion of racially or religiously aggravated assault, GBH and assaulting an emergency services worker after a fight broke out at the Pavillion in Brighton last night around 10.30pm.

A 21 year-old man was reportedly knocked to the floor and was bleeding, causing onlookers to call the emergency services.

One student from The University of Sussex was present at the scene. The student told The Sussex Tab: “I was the one to call the ambulance whilst everyone help was trying to help the victim, but, the attacker kept pushing everyone.

“The police arrived quickly and immediately arrested the attacker who I had described on the phone. The victim was coming in and out of consciousness when he was taken to the ambulance and then the police taped off the area, taking photos of the floor where there was blood.”

A spokesperson for Sussex Police stated: “An 18 year-old local man, who is known to the victim, was arrested at the scene on suspicion for causing grievous bodily harm.

“He was arrested on suspicion of common assault, common assault on an emergency worker and racially or religious aggravated harassment, alarm or distress.”

The victim remains in hospital for the time being and the attacker has been released on conditional bail.