Image may contain: Girl, Mouth, Lip, Female, Finger, Human, Person

Everything that’s happening in Brighton this February

The month of love is here and here’s how to spend it

February 1st – The BIG SLiM Refreshers Gig Night, Room 76

If you fancy starting off the month with a gig on campus, the Sussex Student Union and Sussex Live Music Society are collaborating to give us one. Ideal for music fans and musicians looking for a chill and social night. The line-up consists of artists from the Uni such as Milo Nash, Sally Mitford and the FOMOS. With pay-as-feel entry this is the perfect way to round off refreshers.

February 6th – FOMO: Vogue Ball, Revenge

If you're feeling particularly fierce this month, then Revenge is holding is vogue ball that anyone can enter for the change to win £200, and if that's not your scene, then you can watch for just £1 entry if you go to Bar Revenge for the opening party. If that's not good enough for you, then once you get in, drinks are cheap as chips, with £1.50 tequila shots and £2 vodka and mixers. Expect to hear bangers like: Stormzy, ZAYN, Lady Gaga and Little Mix. ALONG WITH THIS, live DJs such as Fifi and Dazwell will be performing. Honestly, it sounds amazing.

February 9th – Star Party at Brighton i360, British Airways i360

If stargazing is your thing then as part of the 'Dark Skies Festival' astronomers from Sussex University, Brighton Astro and South Downs National Park Authority will be setting up their telescopes on the seafront to give us all the opportunity to see the stars! There is also the opportunity to view the stars higher than usual by taking an i360 pod.

February 13th – No Hope and Ruined, The Hope & Ruin

*A Valentine's Special*

Valentines day eve is perfect for self-love, and nothing says self-love like drinks deals and art! As one of the Hope and Ruin's Tuesday art nights this event is perfect to get creative. There are even rewards in the form of beer for the best Valentines Day card. This inclusive event is the perfect way to prepare for the day of love itself. The pub has an amazing, quirky atmosphere which is sure to get your creative juices flowing. With all of the materials included all you have to do is show up, have a drink and get creative.

February 14th – Traffic Light Party, Popworld

Valentines day sucks if you're alone, but fear not, Popworld are holding a traffic light party on the day of love itself!?! You will get a band indicating your relationship status: GREEN- Single and ready to mingle, ORANGE- It's complicated or RED- just here to dance. Since it's opposite Brighthelm spoons you could take a friend to try their two for £20 Valentines dinner special and maybe even get a couple of pitchers to ease you into the mood. It's the perfect opportunity to meet someone ready for next Valentines day.

February 15th – Jungle Mania, The Arch

'Jungle Dam Warm-Up' is back! In preparation for the Amsterdam Weekender, artists like Kenny Ken and DJ Rap are in Brighton to help you dust off your dancing shoes and get into the festival spirit. Along with some big names, there is a whole room dedicated to drum and bass hosted by Audio Assault, BGT, Nightshift.

February 20th – Secret discotheque, Boybands special, Chalk

Chalk are holding a night in honour of all our favourite boy bands with choreographed dances moves, and bargain booze (all our guilty pleasures). Be ready for bands like One Direction, Blue, and JLS and for music from Madonna and ABBA. They promise all the music that we 'love to hate', an immersive light show and video experience. There's free entry for groups wearing matching outfits and five jägerbombs for £5 before 12.30.

February 21st – Queer Night at the Museum, Brighton Museum

To celebrate the opening of Queer the Pier, the Brighton Museum is holding an opening party. Within all of the nooks of the museum there are entertainers such as 'Thick and Tight' the dance duo and Sea Sharp the feminist poet. Why not pop along the next day to the museum of transology. Who, for the past two years, have opened an community led exhibition displaying artifacts donated by the trans community with the aim of promoting the representation of LGBTIQ+ in a museum setting while reclaiming and revealing the local queer history.

February 26th – Sussex Pride Parade, Falmer Quad

Get your rainbow flags out and celebrate LGBTQ+ history month on campus with a parade (find other events supporting LGBTQ+ history throughout the month here). An after party bringing student performers and a few surprises will be held in Room 76. All staff and students are invited.