Image may contain: Pedestrian, People, Zebra Crossing, Apparel, Footwear, Shoe, Clothing, Road, Tarmac, Asphalt, Human, Person

Update: Man arrested in Sussex Library on suspicion of intimidating a witness

He was arrested on Wednesday afternoon

A man was arrested in the University of Sussex Library on suspicion of intimidating a witness, at around midday on Wednesday 9th January.

The man, 25, from Horsham, was handcuffed whilst sat at a library desk and escorted from the building by several men.

Sussex Police have released a statement regarding the arrest, which confirms that he was arrested for "intimidating a witness". Police have confirmed the man has since been released under investigation.

The statement read: "A 25-year-old man from Horsham was arrested at the University of Sussex library on Wednesday (January 9). He was arrested for intimidating a witness and has been released under investigation."

Footage recorded by a Sussex student, Alfie, shows the man being led away from the library in handcuffs. Alfie told The Sussex Tab there were "about five or six security people with him."

Do you know anything about this? If so, please get in contact with us confidentially either by messaging us on Facebook or emailing [email protected]