The best places in Brighton to go on a first date

Love is in the air

| UPDATED Hide Images

Let's be real, first dates are awkward, cringe and more often than not, a complete disaster. Yet, with the hipster capital of the world on your door step, there's got to be some locations which tone down the cringe and turn up the romance.

So to save you from that tedious tennis mach of messages reading: 'Where do you wanna meet babe', here's some of the best places in Brighton to go on a first date, guaranteed to break the ice.

The World's End Pub, London Road

You even get your own driver's license

The World's End is every big kid's playground. Where a pub meets an arcade, what can be a better ice breaker than a touch of alcohol sprinkled with a hint of competitiveness.

It will either work wonders, bringing you together, or the competitiveness will all end in tears. Either way, with virtual reality and a race track upstairs, you'll be so preoccupied there deffo won't be an awkward moment in sight.

Snoopers Paradise, the North Laines

You'll find this gem of a bric-a-brac vintage shop nestled in the beautifully romantic North Laines. Full of the weird and wonderful, from gramophones to vintage sunglasses, there's definitely something in here to get you talking.

Globalls mini-golf, Brighton Marina

Game on

Located on the beautiful Brighton Marina, Globalls is the perfect date night to unleash that competitive streak. Mini-golf is also a great opportunity for some cheeky PDA, as the pros teach their date how it's done. This place is the perfect chance to show your date whose boss.

Watch the sunset, The West Pier

The beauty of the west pier is enough to make those potential awkward silences just moments of awe. A more romantic location, this is a great opportunity to get to know your date, whilst providing the perfect excuse for a little cuddle as it starts to get colder.

The Pier, Brighton

Donuts, fairground rides and 2p machines, if this doesn't make a date a success I don't know what does. With a sense of classic, timeless romance the funfair on Brighton pier is the perfect fun day for a date who is up for a laugh.

A countryside walk, South Downs

Why not bring a doggo

Simple, but effective. A walk in the beautiful South Downs gives you and your date a chance to get to know each other whilst messing around on rope swings and rolling around in the grass (whoops).

There's even Stanmer Park Country house where you can cuddle up next to a open fire over a coffee. Perfect.

Photomatic photo-booth shop, The North Laines

Goals x

Get the conversation going over hilarious props and silly faces. Photobooths are a great chance to get cosy and pose for super coupley pics. After, take home a little souvenir of your first date (or burn it and forget it ever happened).

Brighton Fringe festival, Brighton

When comedy, art and music takes over Brighton there is no way you won't find something here your date won't like. Every year the circus tent (spiegeltent) pops up at Old Steine for cocktails, magic and entertainment. There's nothing like a magic show to light the spark.