Everything happening in Brighton this March

It’s not all about St Patrick’s day

Hide Images

When you think of March, four leaf clovers and leprechauns with ginger beards probably spring to mind. However, there's much more to March than meets the eye with loads of fun events taking place in Brighton this month and we've created a handy guide just for you. You're welcome.

David Attenborough Jungle Boogie at Patterns, Thursday 1st March

Patterns will be transformed into a wild rainforest in honour of Sir David Attenborough. Expect Planet Earth visuals, Attenborough masks and the very best of Disco, Funk and Soul music. Sadly, Sir David Attenborough will not actually be in attendance.

Tickets

Women in Leadership Conference at the Attenborough Centre for the creative arts, Friday 2nd March

A series of workshops, panel discussions and talks will take place throughout the day covering a range of topics from women in politics to theatre and comedy. The event is free for Sussex students, however you will need to reserve a place beforehand.

Tickets

The Big Cheese Festival, Saturday 3rd March

It's the cheesiest event happening in Brighton this year, featuring everything from classic cheddar to heavenly halloumi. Read more about the Big Cheese Festival here and buy tickets for the event here.

Superhero Silent Disco Beach Clean, Saturday 3rd March

Brighton's scenic seafront

Grab a pair of headphones from the Tempest Inn and groove along to three music channels whilst picking up litter on Brighton's seafront. Prizes are available for the best up-cycled costume, trash selfie and for the most bottle tops collected by one person. Running from 11am to 2pm, all you need to do is bring your own reusable bag for collecting litter and pay a £5 refundable deposit to hire the headphones.

Bubble Festival at the Level, Sunday 4th March

Brighton's first bubble festival will take place this March; filling the sky with lots of bubbles and laughter. All money raised will go to the Non-Violence Project UK, who specialise in running educational workshops for children on understanding how to resolve conflicts peacefully. Read more about the Bubble Festival here.

Wiley at Shooshh, Monday 5th March

Best known for his hit songs 'Wearing My Rolex' and 'Heatwave', Wiley will be bringing his The Official Godfather Tour to Brighton's Shooshh this March.

Tickets

SKINT's 12th Birthday at East Slope Bar, Tuesday 6th March

Celebrate SKINT's last ever birthday at East Slope Bar with the usual cheap drink offers, pint cocktails and live DJ.

The Office Quiz at Komedia, Tuesday 6th March

All right then Einstein if you're so clever, what am I thinking about now?Hosted by Big Keith himself (Ewen Macintosh), an Office themed quiz will be taking place at Komedia this March for teams of up to four people.

Tickets

1980's party at East Slope Bar, Saturday 10th March

East Slope's third final year event is a celebration of all things 80s! Featuring the likes of Culture Club, Prince, The Smiths and David Bowie this is one party you won't want to miss.

Record Fair at Komedia, Sunday 11th March

Records from a wide range of genres will be on sale.

Brighton's longest running record fair is back this March from 10am to 4pm. With free entry and records from just 50p, what more could you want?

Garage Nation at the Arch, Friday 16th March

Garage Nation returns to Brighton with one of its biggest lineups yet, featuring the likes of DJ Cartier and STICKY with more still to be announced! Tickets are likely to sell out in advance so be sure to grab them quick.

Tickets

iDrop at the British Airways i360, Saturday 17th March

For the first time ever, the British Airways i360 will open its doors whilst at the top of the tower and allow adventurous members of the public to abseil down. The first 30 people to sign up and raise a minimum of £1,000 in sponsorship for Rockinghorse Children's Charity are eligible to take part. For more information on this event, please click here.

Craig Charles Funk and Soul Club at Concorde 2, Saturday 17th March

It's the funkiest place to be this March, with Craig Charles performing live alongside Soul Casserole and Oh My God It's The Church.

Tickets

Sussex Beer and Cider Festival at Brighton Racecourse, Thursday 22nd- Saturday 24th March

So much beer.

Featuring over 150 real ales from across the UK and more than 40 ciders and perries, the 28th Sussex Beer and Cider Festival will take place this March. For more information, visit the festival's official website.

1990's party at East Slope Bar, Friday 23rd March

Another event celebrating East Slope's last year takes us back to the cheesy 90s with inflatable chairs, Barcardi Breezers and the best pop and Britpop hits.

VegfestUK at the Brighton Centre, Saturday 24th March and Sunday 25th March

A live cooking demonstration at Vegfest 2017

Vegfest is coming back to Brighton! 2018 brings with it a makeover for this event promising even more vegan delights, original comedy from the best vegan comedians around and a Veganuary Reunion party on the Sunday celebrating the success of this years campaign.

For more information, visit Vegfest UK's official website here and purchase tickets here.

Hannah Wants at the Arch, Saturday 31st March

The legendary Hannah Wants is performing live at the Arch this March.

Tickets

Marvin Humes at Pryzm, Saturday 31st March

Pryzm is celebrating the Easter Weekend in style with Marvin Hume performing live.

Tickets