There’s a website that shows us all the times Southern Rail has apologised on Twitter

There’s live updates and figures

Southern Rail goes from one cock up to another. With strikes, rising prices, and people losing their jobs, it’s no wonder that a lot of people go to social media to vent their anger to get someone to sort this clusterfuck out.

One website has shown us just how incompetent Southern Rail truly is by logging every single time they have apologised to customers on social media.

The website, called ‘Sorry For The Inconvenience‘, has a live feed of every time Southern Rail, and other public transport companies, apologise to customers.

The website claims that Southern Rail has apologised over 38,000 times this year averaging around 118 a day. The creator of the site, Omid Kashan, only created the site a few weeks ago on December 1st.

Sorry for the Inconvenience scrapes the twitter feeds of each company for certain keywords, which are then logged and shared on the site.

According the the site, Hull Trains have apologised the least with over 900 apologies and averaging around 2 a day.

Omid, 26, works in web development in Manchester

Speaking to Omid, he said: “I started the website because I was sat waiting for a tram reading Manchester Metrolink’s Twitter and wondered if it would be possible to track how often they apologised.

“As soon as it went out people started requesting Northern Rail be added, then Stagecoach, and eventually London trains.

“The current state of the UK rail system is laugh or cry, especially given the current situation with Southern, so hopefully this can go some way towards helping people to do the former.

“It’s been running about two and a half weeks and I’ve recorded about 16,000 apologies in that time.”

It doesn’t seem like much is done in the way of progress either. Green Party MP Caroline Lucas was the only person who challenged the government to sort out the Southern Rail mess back in September, and with ASLEF calling for more industrial action it seems things will only get worse before they get better.