How to look trendy on a bike

A simple style guide on how to pull off the ‘bike-look’.

| UPDATED bike cycle cycling fashion style

Thanks to yet another rise in the cost of bus tickets (and the number of bus drivers who actually take the time to look at your ticket), more and more students have been taking to Brighton’s cycle lanes. It’s all very well being economical and saving the planet, however for many the tricky part is staying ATAP (as trendy as possible) whilst doing so. But fear not, The Tab is here to show you how to keep your fashionista rep in tact when you’re riding those wheels.

GET A SICK HELMET

Here’s an example of the obvious style choice, but why not make a statement with a quirky animal helmet? Amazon stock a variety of styles, ranging from a cute bunny to a terrifying dinosaur.

PROTECT THAT PENIS

Genitals are important. Padded shorts are so s/s 2014.

HELMET HAIR? NO PROBLEM

Many deem cycling hats the unsung heroes of sportswear. Not only are they highly practical, they’re sure to make you stand out from the crowd with a jazzy design such as the one pictured.

VISIBILITY – NEVER TOO HIGH

Whether you opt for a simple statement jacket or go the whole hog with a one piece, fashionistas around the globe are heralding flourescent yellow as the new black.

So there you have it – a simple guide to riding in style. Happy cycling y’all.