A stunning ST.ART-up

“With a University that considers itself artsy – there isn’t much for artists to do in the town” says Toby Marsh, founder and editor of ST.ART magazine.   Any new […]

“With a University that considers itself artsy – there isn’t much for artists to do in the town” says Toby Marsh, founder and editor of ST.ART magazine.

Any new project can be nerve wracking for its creators – especially in an environment where apparently only the ‘strong survive’. But with daily blog updates, a gorgeous website, (credit due to web designer Hillevi Gustafon and the team) and a magazine containing a high quality calibre of work (seriously, go have a look) ST. ART proves itself to be one of the strongest in the bunch of the recent ‘journo-boom’.

In an exclusive interview with the stand, the magazine’s founder, Toby, expressed his desire for ST.ART to “become a hub for people to meet and collaborate artistically. I think that’s the best way to progress.” Rather than stepping on the toes of the Art, Photo and Knitting Societies, ST.ART aims to be an addition to the art scene as a contributor-based forum for artists of all mediums, including poetry. With its latest issue based on the theme “Obsession”, the stand has become obsessed with ST.ART’s creativity.

Issue 2 “Obsession” is available to view free online. 

Written by Lucy Keen, standing-room-only writer.