Saucy and sporty for Santa

This year sees the return of the well-established Athletics Union: STRIPPED calendar. Once again, 12 teams from across the AU bore all (well, almost) for charity. Women and Men’s Rugby, Netball, […]

This year sees the return of the well-established Athletics Union: STRIPPED calendar. Once again, 12 teams from across the AU bore all (well, almost) for charity. Women and Men’s Rugby, Netball, Ladies Golf, Women’s Lacrosse, Women and Men’s Football, Waterpolo, Cycling, Snowsports, Trampolining and the Polo Club, at various secret locations across Fife, braved the bitter Scottish weather to show exactly what our Saints Sport athletes are made of.

Disability Sport Fife is once again the charity of choice. Having proudly raised £1000 last year and sponsoring two local athletes at the 2011 Special Olympic Games in Athens, the fundraisers are now looking to support eight-year-old Callum Sloane. He comes from Dunfermline and loves sport. Each week, he attends a-learn-to-swim class, plus a Disability Sport Fife multi-sport session for juniors. Callum loves to push his wheelchair as fast as he can and he hopes one day to have his own track-racing wheelchair. He is so interested in wheelchair racing that his family have applied for tickets for the Paralympic Games in London in 2012 to see the world’s leading wheelchair racers in real life. Callum plans to race for Great Britain one day. The AU:STRIPPED Team, with the help of this calendar, are hoping to assist him on the way to realising his dream.

Should you wish to pre-order a calendar, email [email protected] by the 2nd of December. Calendars are only £8 each. ‘Tis the Season to get Naked.

Written by Elin James Jones, grandstand writer

Photos © Nina Zietman and Yasmin Andrews