Christmas cup comforts

As I stepped out of my house today something felt different. Was it the crispness of air? Or the chirping of birds? Perhaps my morning yoghurt went off….   Maybe it was all […]

As I stepped out of my house today something felt different. Was it the crispness of air? Or the chirping of birds? Perhaps my morning yoghurt went off….

Maybe it was all of these things. As I pondered this strange and special feeling, I sleepily approached Starbucks en route to the Library. And it hit me.

CHRISTMAS CUPS!

Though it may not seem like much to some, there is a small cult following of the Christmas Cups.  An elite few who cherish their colourful wrapping and general merriness.  From now on through the end of the holiday season, there will be a joyful sprinkling of red and green throughout St Andrews, making caffeine addiction a Christmas blessing in disguise.

Yes, Starbucks is killing off independent businesses. Yes, Starbucks is overpriced. Yes, as President of the Christmas Cup Cult, I understand why many  European hipsters scoff when coming upon that familiar green emblem. 

But in the name of the Holidays, let us have our Christmas Cups.

On second thought, maybe that funny feeling was just leftover sports night vomit on the sidewalk…

Written by Sloan Woods, standpoint writer