Image may contain: Performer, Musician, Musical Instrument, Music Band, Music, Leisure Activities, Person, People, Human

10 box sets to binge on when you’re feeling homesick

Netflix ‘n’ cry about how much you miss your mum’s cooking

Uni can be hard, like really kinda tough at times. There's going to be a point two months in when deadlines are drawing closer and closer, your Freshers' Flu is still somehow rendering you useless and all you want to do is curl up in your duvet cocoon and let Netflix play episode after episode without you having to lift your finger to the play button. And if you don’t know what to watch? Don’t worry my man, I’ve got you covered.

Queer Eye

Perfect if you’re not feeling too grand. A group of five gay men giving out life advice and makeovers is sure to make you feel a little bit better. It’s impossible not to be in a better mood after watching this.

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Good late-night watching. It’s silly and fun and just the right amount of irreverent. And if you've found you've burned through all 12 seasons already, you can always revisit the Dayman song.

https://www.instagram.com/p/k5-qVugmPM/

The Good Place

True story – I got so addicted to watching this show that I watched it while I was in the bath. No lie. My mum judged me for it. It’s 20 minute episodes that aren’t too demanding (so you can go on your phone while watching) and it’s just generally nice and feel-good. It’s about people trying to be better people and feels a bit like a hug if you’re really missing home.

Rick and Morty

Yes, you’ve probably already watched it or seen it memed out of existence. But it’s a great one to just go back and rewatch. It’s not linear so you can skip episodes that you don’t like as much, and it’s so far removed from reality that it will remind you of literally none of your problems.

RuPaul’s Drag Race

This used to be the ultimate binge-fest, but unfortunately Netflix took down most of the seasons. Worry not though, because seasons 8-10 are still there and they are the PERFECT level of easy watching that isn’t too demanding, and gag-worthy drama. Just a shame we can’t watch more.

The People v. OJ Simpson

The 90s, murder, Kardashians, an empowering female figure, John Travolta looking like someone else pretending to be John Travolta. If you crave all of these things in your TV shows (I know I do) then look no further. There’s great acting, a great story and you will 100 per cent be emotionally invested. I promise.

The Keepers

If you love crime documentaries, then The Keepers is the show for you. A nun goes missing in the 60s with no traces of where she could’ve gone…exciting, isn’t it?

Love Island

Safe to say that there is more than enough material here to keep you going for a long time. There are multiple seasons on Netflix and they each have 40+ episodes at 45 minutes each!! If my maths is correct than that’s about 33 hours bingeing you’ve got. Not to mention that it’s unbelievably fun to watch people being slimy snakes. So many people have become hooked by this, even if it wasn't their type on paper to begin with.

Friends

This one is pretty self-explanatory. If in doubt, Central Perk it out.