southampton university world ranking 2022

Southampton is officially 12th best university in UK, according to new World Rankings

But do any of the other unis have Manzil’s though?

The University of Southampton is the joint 12th best uni in the UK, according to the Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2023, released today.

The university ranks joint 108th in the world with the University of Birmingham, making the two unis joint 12th best in the UK.

The best uni in the entire WORLD is also a UK uni – surprise surprise, it’s Oxford. Cambridge is second best in the country (third best in the world), with Imperial the third best in the UK and rounding out the top 10 as 10th best in the world. Also beating Soton within the UK are Edinburgh, King’s College London, LSE, Manchester, Bristol, Glasgow and Warwick.

Southampton is on the way up, improving from its place of 124 in the world last year in the 2022 University World Ranking, to 108 this year. All those late-night Manzil’s are paying off, it seems.

The World University Ranking published now in 2022, for next year, found that Southampton has just over 21,000 full-time-equivalent university students. There are 13.7 students per member of staff, and a 53:47 ratio of female to male students. There is no confirmation of how many of that 47 per cent is engineering students, but one look at Jesters on a Monday could probably tell you.

The uni also has 39 per cent of its students as international students.

You can view the full rankings here.

Do you want to write articles like this? Do you want to uncover the biggest stories on campus? The Soton Tab is looking for new writers and we want you! To find out about how to join the team, DM us on Instagram @sotontab