Elections 2014: Who's won the starting vote?

You may have noticed from the bombardment and overload of your newsfeed that the biggest popularity contest in the University calendar has begun. Sadly we’ve yet to see any candidates make fools […]

You may have noticed from the bombardment and overload of your newsfeed that the biggest popularity contest in the University calendar has begun.

Sadly we’ve yet to see any candidates make fools of themselves publicly, but with full campaigning having only just kicked off, expect to see some possible game-changers.

Most candidates have got their online presence up and running now, with Soton grad, Alastair Mogford creating this site, reporting real-time information on which candidate has the most amount of Facebook likes.

In our recent predictions article, we’ve been polling readers, asking who’s won their vote so far. We’ve had nearly 3,000 votes – pretty good considering at the time of writing online campaigning had just begun.

Here’s who’d be in charge if the current polls are anything to go by

From the stats it seems that there will be a hot contest in the next few weeks for the place of Union top dog, with David narrowly in the lead by 2.5%. Laura Mason, the only girl in the race, follows quite a way behind but well ahead of the joke candidates.

President poll results

SUSU’s next DCI is currently set to be Anjit Aulakh, who has taken an early lead, 4% ahead of Jamie Hanna.

VP Democracy and Creative Industries as it stands

Ahead by 11% of Sophia, Shaun Coston is in the early lead.

VP Education poll results

VP Engagement has Jamie Hemingway storming ahead of Ellie and Ross. Looking at the Facebook likes, Jamie is well ahead in that field too.

VP Engagement poll results

VP Sports will be this year’s tightest race but at the moment lacrosse’s Katie has the lead, just over 5% more than Adam.

VP Sports Development reader poll results

Worryingly for Oli, VP Student Communities doesn’t see him in the lead. Thomas Rogers, who is running for every position, is ahead by over 6%.

VP Student Communities as it stands

Good news for rerunner Beckie Thomas as she takes the initial lead, closely followed by FemSoc’s Emma White.

Your votes for VP Welfare

It will be interesting to see how these stats change as full campaigning heats up. We’ll keep you up-dated with who is set to take control over you union next year.