Woman Indecently Assaulted and Robbed in Portswood

A woman was indecently assaulted and had her phone stolen on New Year’s Day in Portswood. At 3.30am, a 27 year old woman was walking through the high street and at the […]

A woman was indecently assaulted and had her phone stolen on New Year’s Day in Portswood.

At 3.30am, a 27 year old woman was walking through the high street and at the junction of Portswood Road and Westridge Road (by Costa) where an unknown man “grabbed her bottom and made several lewd comments”.

He stole her Sony Experia Z phone, valued at £500, and then ran off. Two men came to help the woman but were unable to locate the thief.

The thief is described as a black male, 5ft 8ins tall and of a solid, medium build. He had short black hair and was wearing jeans.

PC Deborah Passfield said:

If you were one of these men or you witnessed the incident, please contact Portswood Police.

Police would like to remind everyone not to walk home alone in the hours of darkness and not to display any items of value.

Anyone with information should contact PC Passfield at Portswood Police stattion or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

The SUSU safety bus runs from outside the Stag’s Head on campus until 2am during exam season and will take any student home to their door for £1.50.