Man Bailed After Champagne Charleys ASSAULT

A man has been arrested and bailed on suspicion of assaulting and attempting to rob another man near Champagne Charleys in Portswood. The incident happened last Thursday 13th September at […]

A man has been arrested and bailed on suspicion of assaulting and attempting to rob another man near Champagne Charleys in Portswood.

The incident happened last Thursday 13th September at around 7.40pm near Champagne Charleys, on Portswood Road, where a 52-year-old man was assaulted by another man. The victim told police that his attacker demanded money but none was taken.

An ambulance arrived at the scene to treat the assaulted man and he was taken to Southampton General Hospital for treatment to injuries on his face.

Police have arrested a 43-year-old man on suspicion of assault and attempted robbery and he has been bailed pending further inquiries.

This attack comes weeks after another man was assaulted outside Charcoal Grill in Portswood High Street.

Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward. As usual, if you know anything then call Mr Plod on 101.