New study shows that over half of students studying at Newcastle Uni are female

Who runs the world?

A new study by The Times Higher Education World Uni Rankings has revealed that not only is Newcastle University the 20th best uni in the UK, but that over half of its students are female.

The study found Newcastle Uni has a female student population of 52 per cent, obviously meaning that the male population sits at 48 per cent. So basically, the uni with the best vibes in the country is home to thousands more females than males; makes a lot of sense actually.

The positions are carefully considered and universities are assessed through 13 carefully calibrated through performance indicators which measure an institution’s performance across research, teaching, knowledge transfer and international outlook. But another statistic revealed is the percentage of male compared to female students, whereby over half of Newcastle students were female at the time of the study. Sorry, boys.

Just another little fact to think about the next time someone belittles or underestimates you just for being a girl.

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.